Admiralty arrest

Roofis

Dec 26, 2014
Mount Dora
Detector(s) used
Whites, aqua scan,Geometrics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know all of you know what an admiralty arrest is but does anyone know how much weight it actually carries? For example if someone has a shipwreck , an old untouched shipwreck and he has an admiralty on this wreck. Here's where it gets interesting,. It is located in the FKNMS and the FLKNMS says it doesn't recognize admiralty claims. While Waiting on what to do , another group finds this wreck , they can't salvage it because according to the sanctuary it belongs to the people of the USA. What recourse does the admiralty holder have?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Where is Bikerlawyer when you need him?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I know all of you know what an admiralty arrest is but does anyone know how much weight it actually carries? For example if someone has a shipwreck , an old untouched shipwreck and he has an admiralty on this wreck. Here's where it gets interesting,. It is located in the FKNMS and the FLKNMS says it doesn't recognize admiralty claims. While Waiting on what to do , another group finds this wreck , they can't salvage it because according to the sanctuary it belongs to the people of the USA. What recourse does the admiralty holder have?
Roofis, The best thing to do is to contact the Admiralty Attorney that handled your arrest. He can tell you what your legal options are.
If you have a Federal Arrest and people are diving on your Admiralty Claim? Call the Coast Guard or the US Marshal's office. If you are in State waters ( shallow water ) I guess you could call the FWC. I have a Federal Claim and I know that you can legally keep people off your site. I know because that is the advice our Admiralty Attorney gave us for our site. We also have the Coast Guard keeping an eye on our site. How deep is your Wreck site? I hope that helps.

OP
OP
R

Roofis

Dec 26, 2014
Mount Dora
Detector(s) used
Whites, aqua scan,Geometrics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed I never said it was my wreck. My lawyer was Horan. He says one thing the FKNMS says another. If an admiralty arrest is done in Federal court by a federal magistrate shouldn't he know the laws of the fEderal court? Does the sanctuary override the court? This is an important issue. Why should we look for treasure if we can't keep it? Where is biker lawyer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread