San José, Panama. 1631?

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
These people are treasure hunters too. Just in a different way.
They do what they do for their own personal advantage.
To advance their careers.
To get paid travel, hotels and don't forget: FAME.
People are capable of all sort of things to get fame.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
For the uninitiated, the matter SEA HUNT - JUNO & GALGA, began the decline of treasure hunters. The decisions were taken at the highest levels. Odyssey Marine was no stranger to the game. In fact, when the problem began for SEA HUNT, Odyssey appeared in Spain in 1998 (coincidence? No!)
Claudio, I need your opinion on something. UNESCO and Spain seem intent in Claiming ALL OF THEIR CULTURAL HERITAGE.
What do you think the chances would be to start a new company to clean up Spain's cultural heritage of TOXIC MERCURY FROM OLD SPANISH SHIPS and sue them in the International Court in the Hague for hundreds of millions of dollars for the toxic clean up of that Mercury on the bottom of the Ocean?

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claudio, I need your opinion on something. UNESCO and Spain seem intent in Claiming ALL OF THEIR CULTURAL HERITAGE.
What do you think the chances would be to start a new company to clean up Spain's cultural heritage of TOXIC MERCURY FROM OLD SPANISH SHIPS and sue them in the International Court in the Hague for hundreds of millions of dollars for the toxic clean up of that Mercury on the bottom of the Ocean?

With years of legal experience behind me I would think that unless you have someone in the US Govt backing you or the Country concerned with the pollution who is very high up in their Govt, you are in for years of legal work and costs, if you have a lifetime to spend good luck! Right or wrong its unlikely you would get far... as you state just my 2 cents

joe frog

Jun 16, 2015
tampa florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom Grosgrove and his brother few me over to Panama to get a contract for salvaging those rich wrecks located on the atlantic side of Panama. We stayed at Portabello and the forts were great. After seeing and meeting the higher ups I decided those Government officials were not to be trusted, plus the locals were unemployed and need to get cash from us. All the stores and Banks have police with loaded shot guns if those locals decided to rob them. Nothing is real in Panama except drug ,money and corruption. This is true all over the Caribbean. Bahamas is no different. Unesco wants all the Treasure as profit are evil. Under the new world order Socials will prevail and then the Governments of the World will have all the power and Gold. Jack and Tom did try to do a honest deal only to be screwed in the end. What a shame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread