mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: Gold found off Melbourne

Only Mel Fisher Inc, Heartland Treasure Quest (Rex Stocker, Steve Reddy & Rickie Mcholan) and T9N (Bill Kenon) come to mind as having exploration leases in Brevard County.

I couldn't find any news either. What grapevine are you using Robert? ;D

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

gdaddyflex,

I'll take the blame on this one if it's wrong. I spoke with Robert today, after I recieved a phone call from a reliable magazine writer in Melbourne. He wanted to send me a copy of the newspaper article of the treasure hunting ship that was pulling up gold off the beach. He said, it was the Polly L.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Understood.

I believe the Polly L crew (Amelia Island Research) is working as a subcontractor and is in fact not a exploration lease holder in Brevard County.

I am happy for them if the recent news is true.

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Hey Ed,

You aren't supposed to tell everyone who my grapevine is! Don't worry, it has lots of branches!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wasnt last weekend or this week anyone found anything,unless they can brave 15 to 20 foot seas and 4-5 foot intercoastal waters.me an frank was at finns marina on my boat last weekend till tuesday,never got any work done at the marina due to high wind and waves,but saved several yachts there from destruction at the dock,plus retrieved metal canopies that blew into the water.my boat was rocking so much i could see my props from the dock,winds blowing 30 to 40 knots at times during the night.we woke up sunday morning to find my 14 foot skiff partly sunk.refloated it an got it to shore so it wouldnt happen again.tides in the ICW are 3 feet above normal.a 2-3 foot beach cut at wabasso beach.we didnt here anything from the grapevine about any gold found.i know it wasnt Heartland Treasure Quest.both of steve reddy's sons were on my boat monday night.all they have found is aluminium cans and trash.i havent seen any other treasure boats in the area.there is dredging going on at sebastian inlet.the spoil is being pumped inland to a fenced in area thats locked to the public.me an frank was at new smyrna beach last night till 2am at high tide.nice beach cut there.6-8 foot cut in some places.we found about 60lbs of stuff some clad and some modern relics that are nothing to brag about.cept for 1 item.a iron anchor that will be added to my yard ornament collection.we may go back friday night to see if more sand came off the beach in a certain area of interest.no more beach driving for awhile.new smyrna beach must have spent lots of $$$ to rebuild several beach ramps.what a waste,now no one can use them.they will never learn that they cant fight the ocean.

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Ed,

I take it he must have read the article in the paper about the Poly-L that was published on the 8th. No mention of finding any gold though.

Someone is going to find a bonanza this year, I can feel it! (Of course I hope it will be me!)

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Robert, We are planning another trip in June, hopefully we can get a lot more work done and still have some play time too.

John: When did they fence off the area where they are dumping the spoil from Sebastian? Laura and I hunted right behind the heavy equipment for 2 days straight recently. That's a shame...that area holds some real goodies....and a lot of trash too. :D

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 923

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they fenced off the spoil collection area after the local crack heads stole some machinery and equipment.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Melbourne Beach is known as a TURTLE NESTING AREA and according to the LAWS there is NO heavy equipment allowed in this area. Did you notice the light poles? This is also NOT allowed.
When I was trying to get a permit to clean the Beaches I got a BIG LIST of the DON'T'S from the EPA.
The company working on this site is breaking evey Rule and Law on the books so what are we going to do-NOT A DAMN THING. AS USUAL.
PEG LEG

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peg leg,

fixing the beaches on the east coast isnt about protecting the turtles or any other sea creatures or thier habitat.its all about the beach front condo and house owners.the contractors dont care about any rules or laws after they get thier permits.its all about money.permits cost money.the cities get that money as well as the state.so what do we do about it?document it all with photos.set up a website and put it all there.before and after photos.pics of dead creatures.inconsistant sand.even after photos of further beach erosion after big storms to prove that what they are doing is a BIG tax payers waste of money.maybe even go as far as to lobby to have the beach fronts.returned back to thier natural state say if condos,houses get washed away that no rebuilding can be done.remains of existing structures have to be torn down.they couldnt possibly be safe to live in after a hurricane.even after being rebuilt.im sure theres some illegal activity here with building code inspectors like under the table payoffs to look the other way.i know it happens all over the USA.its called investigative reporting.news stations love this stuff!and pay big $$$ for it.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Someone is going to find a bonanza this year, I can feel it!"

Robert... You can say that again. ;)

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
Peg Leg said:
Melbourne Beach is known as a TURTLE NESTING AREA and according to the LAWS there is NO heavy equipment allowed in this area. Did you notice the light poles? This is also NOT allowed.
When I was trying to get a permit to clean the Beaches I got a BIG LIST of the DON'T'S from the EPA.
The company working on this site is breaking evey Rule and Law on the books so what are we going to do-NOT A DAMN THING. AS USUAL.
PEG LEG

Indian River County got an extension from DEP to continue their beach renourishment 24 hours a day until 5/15/07. I'm not sure if Brevard (Melbourne) got a similar extension. In north IR County I estimate 50% of the renourishment is already gone from subtropical depression Andrea, I haven't been to the south county beaches, probably similar there.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with FISHEYE on this one... if everyone could photograph and document this BS that's going on at our beaches and put together a website and petition and bring it to the media, maybe we could have some impact.

I unfortunately do not know how to put together a website, but have already been taking photos of the "Keep off the dunes" signs laying all over the beach after our latest little storm passed through. Who put those up anyway? There's no agency, statute, or ordinance indicated on these signs!!

Also, I spoke with one of the state guys responsible for testing the beach fill that they were pumping out of the sand trap (in the Indian River just inside Sebastian Inlet) and asked him if he tested this "fill" for dangerous chemicals, agricultural runoff, or pesticides... the answer was NO! Who knows what could be harmful in this dark greyish brown mess...

And I love the idea of returning the coastline back to its natural state and not allow rebuilding off any structures damaged by hurricanes. Fat chance of that ever happening though... government corruption and greed my friends... its an ugly thing!!!!!!

Good luck to all this dive season... lets bring up some of the ggod stuff this year!!

Phips

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Phips,
Got a question that everyone is thinking but have not asked but I will.
Was that your track hoe working the Jupiter Inlet North side?
PEG LEG

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Peg Leg said:
Phips,
Got a question that everyone is thinking but have not asked but I will.
Was that your track hoe working the Jupiter Inlet North side?
PEG LEG

It must have been! ;) ;) ;)

index.php

index.php

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't think that actually fooled anyone. ;D ;D ;D

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Uhh, Tom....you might THINK you were kidding, but I just blew up the shots from the construction equipment that Laura and I hunted behind, and look who's driving!

Attachments

• phips_const.jpg
    phips_const.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 600

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh man Jason, that was awesome. What kind of lense you using on that camera?????
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, as a response to Pegleg:

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection declared a shoreline emergency on Monday for specific portions of the Atlantic Coast, including parts of Volusia County, following beach erosion caused last week by Subtropical Storm Andrea.

The emergency areas identified in the order include portions of:

Volusia County: Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach
St. Johns County: Ponte Vedra Beach
Palm Beach County: Jupiter Beach Park, town of Jupiter, Singer Island (City of Riviera Beach), city of Lake Worth, town of Palm Beach, town of South Palm Beach, town of Lantana

The order allows local governments and property owners to seek emergency permits from DEP for activities such as:

Temporary armoring, which should be sited and designed to minimize impacts to the beach and frontal dune, native coastal vegetation, marine turtles and adjacent properties
Temporary reinforcement of foundations
Placement of sandbags
Construction of protective sand berms. Sand used to fill sandbags or construct protective berms should be beach-compatible material and be obtained from an upland source
Construction of temporary wooden retaining walls, cantilever sheetpile walls (without concrete caps, tiebacks or other reinforcement), or similar structures.

The order, a 30-day emergency declaration, provides regulatory relief for the designated areas.

As a result, local governments are allowed to address erosion stress caused by the storm through expedited emergency permitting for authorized activities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread