Garrett Master Hunter
GTI 2500
Infinium LS
Sea Hunter II
Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Τhe Μystery of the Antikythera Shipwreck Further Unfolds -
Antikythera shipwreck may be not one but two shipwrecks ...
Τhe Μystery of the Antikythera Shipwreck Further Unfolds -
The Ephorate of Underwater Antiquities, in collaboration with the American Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, has completed the digital underwater surveying and dimensional precision display of the Shipwreck of Antikythera. Last year’s imprinting pinpointed the exact shipwreck site of the vessel that carried the Antikythera Mechanism. However, the proximity of other findings such as anchors and amphorae from the same era made archaeologists consider the possibility that there was a second cargo vessel that accompanied the original ship. Therefore it became imperative to map a wider area of 350X45 meters approximately.
Archaeologists now can put all the findings together and draw conclusions about the possible relationship between the two wreck positions. The detailed mapping creates a clearer picture of the relationship between the two sites, while the placement of the findings in the now imprinted area enhances the understanding of all the findings in the two positions.
?he ?ystery of the Antikythera Shipwreck Further Unfolds | GreekReporter.com
Don't forget, if you like stories of shipwrecks and treasure, visit and like my Facebook page at:

(Link removed by mod, NO links to Facebook pages that have anything to do with treasure hunting allowed)

Attachments

• 48000-49.jpg
    48000-49.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is still quite a bit they haven't recovered that is deeper off the slope.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Shipwreck Hunter, just a word of advise. One of the Mods. ( Treasure Hunter ) warned you about posting links to your facebook page. People have been banned for not listening to the moderators. I hate to see it happen to anyone. So I would be careful if I were you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipwreck hunter, old man is correct, TreasureNet does not allow links to Facebook, please don't post them..

OP
OP
ShipwreckHunter

ShipwreckHunter

May 15, 2015
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter
GTI 2500
Infinium LS
Sea Hunter II
Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry, did not know that this was not allowed.... Just curious why you do not allow links back to Facebook pages ?? Seem like it could help attract new people to your forums.. My Facebook page gets between 100,000 - 250,000 read per week ... SH ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do not allow links to other sites that involved treasure hunting where people can discuss treasure hunting...... If you allow no posting then it would not violate rules...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread