Fort Pierce BOOTY

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Federal Admiralty Arrests are different than State of Florida salvage contracts.

Unfortunately the abandoned shipwrecks acts stole rights from the people of the United States and empowered States to control shipwrecks within State submerged lands.:BangHead::dontknow:

The right to salvage geographic areas that contain "1715 fleet ships" as well as other ships within the area was granted by the Federal Court when the Federal Admiralty Arrests were made decades ago by "Mel Fisher's company(ies)"

This Federal Admiralty Arrest is the same jurisdiction and authority presently operated under.

Most of these are from a center pinpoint location extending 3000 yards...not including the land west.

If you are "just looking", laws are possibly being broken....There are exploration permit requirements. Recovery of objects is a state violation.

"The division may institute an administrative proceeding to impose an administrative fine of not more than $500 a day on any person or business organization that, without written permission of the division, explores for, salvages, or excavates treasure trove, artifacts, sunken or abandoned ships, or other objects having historical or archaeological value located on state-owned or state-controlled lands, including state sovereignty submerged lands."

IN AMERICA ???:icon_scratch:

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"The division may institute an administrative proceeding to impose an administrative fine of not more than $500 a day on any person or business organization that, without written permission of the division, explores for, salvages, or excavates treasure trove, artifacts, sunken or abandoned ships, or other objects having historical or archaeological value located on state-owned or state-controlled lands, including state sovereignty submerged lands."

IN AMERICA ???:icon_scratch:

They did a lot of things wrong in the old days, but it's too bad "finders keepers" didn't stick.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand Brent and his crew hit it big at Corrigans... Biggest haul in a long time!!!

ForumRunner_20150819_165028.png

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

ForumRunner_20150819_165117.png

ForumRunner_20150819_165131.png

ForumRunner_20150819_165145.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope this helps, a better improved to see or read lease map.

Attachments

• 1715Fleetlease-neg.jpg
    1715Fleetlease-neg.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 1715Fleetlease-negcrop.jpg
    1715Fleetlease-negcrop.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 1715Fleetlease.jpg
    1715Fleetlease.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 1715Fleetlease-crop.jpg
    1715Fleetlease-crop.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 1715Fleetlease_RDbox.jpg
    1715Fleetlease_RDbox.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • 1715Fleetlease_RDbox2.jpg
    1715Fleetlease_RDbox2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
salvors might have the "right" to pull up a cannon , but no one really wants to these days * cannons are basically worthless money costing "white elephants" if one removes them they have to "preserved" at great cost ..and are of little fiscal value --plus they better serve as "bottom reference" points for "find plotting" ...during the old days of salvage often salvors would "remove" cannons from a wrecksite to hide the location form others ..since most used iron seeking towed mags to locate possible wreck sites

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I thought of the possibility they would make a good reference point, makes sense alright.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread