Treasure found, Fleet wreck..pull 4 million worth in royal 8 escudos

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
To keep this short,just heard some boys just landed 8 royal 8 escudos,valued at half a million a piece,and a few hundred 2 4 and 8 escudos,My source said the story hasn't been published yet,but was found north of booty salvages find,out of respect I wont divuldge the wreck location yet,****On a side note I'm sure all this fisher stuff going up for sale has nothing to do with it,but the paper has on the front page today a lot of the personal collection and key west museum pieces are going up too,must be for the 300th anniversary
----- stay tuned for this new treasure find to hit the papers
Is this find the 300 gold coins that were just found or is it another find?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different finds guys... the find in Fort Pierce included 1 "Royal" 8... This other find contains multiple "Royals"... So much for them being so rare... Still a brilliant find obviously! Not confirmed but I believe this really big find was at Corrigans site...

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn, I can't wait to see this find. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Different finds guys... the find in Fort Pierce included 1 "Royal" 8... This other find contains multiple "Royals"... So much for them being so rare... Still a brilliant find obviously! Not confirmed but I believe this really big find was at Corrigans site...
Since the royals are not rare,i'll take any common royals they don't want..lol

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
crap hitting the fan!

I personally am thrilled recent events and finds but get ready fellas... "when you take the front of the line.... expect to get some eggs thrown at you!" The age old saga of everyone fighting over the treasure is about to come down upon you. If too much publicity that smells like real, {not reale'} money comes from this possibly the most "black pirate" of them all, I call Mr. Ghoul will probably talk Spain into taking a run at your find...

You other folks out there... not to discount the ultimate value of their find but... throwing about figures like $500,000.00 value per coin is about as responsible and accurate as Pawal Nowak's research...

Good luck dealing with the "dark side" of being a recognized treasure finder.....:headbang:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There's a small crowd hanging around on the beach watching and a number of detectors waving around down there hoping for a coin or two to spontaneously fling themselves onto the beach. I'm surprised no one has a "TreasureCam" website up yet.
Congratulations to the crew and captain, as well as Brent. They've been digging this area for a long, long time.
Persistence proves positively profitable when applied in the proper place.

OP
OP
slowwevo

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
and the "fighting over the treasure is about to come down upon you" comment makes no sense,do you think no one has fought over this treasure or the capron treasure or any other finds.... until right now

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
and the "fighting over the treasure is about to come down upon you" comment makes no sense,do you think no one has fought over this treasure or the capron treasure or any other finds.... until right now
I am with Capt Dom. Beware of attorneys and Spain.

Don't be surprised if Unesco shows up. Just like they did recently in Panama.

Sometimes it comes down to what you value more.
Money or Fame? Give me money every time.

Nice find. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Capt Dom. Beware of attorneys and Spain.

Don't be surprised if Unesco shows up. Just like they did recently in Panama.

Sometimes it comes down to what you value more.
Money or Fame? Give me money every time.

Nice find. Congratulations.

I am not a lawyer, but I don't think they need to worry about Spain, and certainly not about Unesco.

The US is not a party to the
Underwater Cultural Heritage treaty. Panama is a party to the treaty. Unesco has no authority in US territorial waters.

Spain would have to prove the items came from a specific sovereign vessel...a virtual impossibility given the scattered nature of the 1715 treasure as it currently exists.

This is not Mercedes and it is not Juno/ Galaga. Spain may try something through litigation, but I doubt it.

It is ironic that the Spanish seem oblivious to their "cultural heritage" when that heritage is old anchors or cannon balls or slave chains...start bringing up loads of silver and gold and their latent cupidity surfaces...some things never change...even after 300 years.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one knows how many coins the capitana found.And at this point no one is talking. DSC_0944.JPG

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Brent Brisben was on Fox News this morning with Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum. He laid a million dollars worth of gold escudos on Hemmer's desk.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there is still treasure to be found --- proper planning and persistence pays predious payouts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread