Scouting locations for 1715 wrecks filming

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely authentic......

The Douglas Beach wreck site main pile is in an undeveloped area. There's a few additional spots south down towards the power plant and then also south of there. Save maybe a few telephone poles that might need to be edited out.

To the north about a mile and 1/2 where the Schmitts have found their gold over the past few years is condo land. If you were to be up there and shot south you'd have a few miles of empty beach.

Another good thing is there is a beach access right at the wreck site and it's usually empty save a few days when it's crowded with 10 people stretched over a mile....(shhhhhh we try to keep Fort Pierce beaches a secret) Possibly a very good spot for tight beach scenes.

Sort of the same scenario for the Cabin wreck but this would be more on the North end and would possibly have to be not so wide shot as Douglas Beach.

Did I mention it's pretty authentic to the story line?

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I love the idea of authentic location.

There's a place at Avalon Beach I've been eyeing for two years on Hutchinson Island - Ft Pierce (3 miles north of Urca de Lima). A lot of logistical issues, but I'm working on it.

I'm not opposed to West Coast at all. The ocean would be more cooperative probably. I'll keep that in mind & contact you when I get to that point.

All these ideas are great inspiration for me to write specifically to location for the "mini" scenes that need to be included.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Avalon beach is nice. Just North is Round Island park which is free access and has more parking....but those are about 22 miles north of the Urca de Lima :laughing7::piratehand:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Everglades, west coast. Little Shark River. (but only if you don't screw up one of my favorite anchorages)

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Selective camera angles could make this a substitute for Madrid, and it is just north of St Augustine.

Nice find! It is reminiscent of the old palace in Madrid...

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammy I went and took some pictures today but Windows 8 isn't liking my phone so I'll have to sort it out before I can get them to you:BangHead:

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Pictures taken near Ocala, Fl. with a cheap camera !

Attachments

• Silver River 1.jpg
    Silver River 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 63
  • Silver River 2.jpg
    Silver River 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Silver River 3.jpg
    Silver River 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tammy I went and took some pictures today but Windows 8 isn't liking my phone so I'll have to sort it out before I can get them to you:BangHead:

Don'tcha love technology?

Looks like a cheap camera is the way to go. Nice pics, CaptEsteban. Florida definitely has its charms.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
CaptEsteban, Silver Springs and the Silver River was where the old Tarzan movies and Creature From The Black Lagoon were filmed.
Tammy, if you need any monkeys for jungle shots, there are several feral groups along the Silver and Oklawaha Rivers. :laughing7:

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Monkeys - cool! I remember hearing about Tarzan filming. There were some underwater scenes for 20,000 Leagues too or something, right? I remember the old statues being in one of those rivers up there.

Banana River's so high right now (due to hurricanes?) I assume all the FL waterways are a bit deluged right now.

One scene must be primeval shallow water as if it is the Banana River in Cape Canaveral, but the water should only come up to a man's knees - not his waist!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A section of Silver Springs called the "LOST RIVER", where the "Creature" was filmed would work, or the creek leaving Juniper Springs that becomes the Run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread