Looking for a piece of shipwreck wood.

ByzantineZoo

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm an amateur historian with a fascination for the past. I have a small collection of fossils, artifacts, coins, etc. From a piece of the Berlin Wall to a Megalodon tooth, every piece is a story. What I would like to add to my shadowbox is maybe a small piece of wood from an actual shipwreck. It doesn't have to be big, even a fragment would be fine. Just something that came from an authentic sunken vessel. If anyone is interested, I'm sure we can negotiate a fair price for such a tiny piece. Any information would be helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read and Merry Christmas to everyone.

([email protected])

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your pick...
I could post these pics all day long.

3dp_shipwrecks_2009wreck_1-e1446609107165.jpg 365-original-exposedwreckaurora1.jpg 1001007shipwreck.jpg 4272094-3x2-700x467.jpg 10582956_10152718440907717_54323426491722233_o.jpg DSC_1045%20Exposed%20Shipwreck,%20Coos%20Bay.jpg exam10012014Sunbeamwreck_large.jpg rachael.jpg

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I have 2 five foot sections in my cellar.
I believe they came off a British ship sunk off of Virginia.
Send me a pm, with your name and address. It will be my Christmas present to you.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Hi, I'm an amateur historian with a fascination for the past. I have a small collection of fossils, artifacts, coins, etc. From a piece of the Berlin Wall to a Megalodon tooth, every piece is a story. What I would like to add to my shadowbox is maybe a small piece of wood from an actual shipwreck. It doesn't have to be big, even a fragment would be fine. Just something that came from an authentic sunken vessel. If anyone is interested, I'm sure we can negotiate a fair price for such a tiny piece. Any information would be helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read and Merry Christmas to everyone.

([email protected])
Kevin,
I can give you a piece of this. I thought you might want a picture of where the wood is coming from.
That is if you want it. PM me a name and address. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpe
    thumbnail.jpe
    6.1 KB · Views: 445

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a large piece wood off a 1715 wreck.i can tear off a small piece of it for you.Msg me.

S

stefen

Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane....or the Spanish government...:thumbsup:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am impressed with how generous you all are. This is really a great forum with extremely great people.
:notworthy:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am impressed with how generous you all are. This is really a great forum with extremely great people.
:notworthy:

I am also an amateur historian. I have a small coin collection and would like to add a spanish gold eight escudo from the eighteenth century or earlier. Anybody have an extra one laying around that they could spare?

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kevin,
I can give you a piece of this. I thought you might want a picture of where the wood is coming from.
That is if you want it. PM me a name and address. Merry Christmas.

Hey John, I'd take a piece of that wood if ya don't mind :) Didn't manage to find any over the last two summers...
Grant

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Gitschlag, Quick question. You put up my post asking for a piece of wood, but you used Fisheye's name (John).
I'm Ed. If you want a piece of wood from me. Send me a PM with your name and address. If you want from John? Send him a PM, he's a great guy and I'm pretty sure he will send you a piece.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I have some south african ancestors and I am interested in some one ounce kruggerands for my collection

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a gold historian... any gold laying around ?
Even fragments would be greatly appreciated. :P

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grant,msg me on Fb your address an ill send you a piece of 1715 shipwreck wood.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARRC, I have some gold and emeralds in the house, but you'll have to fight the wife for them. lol

Ahhh ! Emeralds !... Yes...

Did I mention that I was thinking of collecting rocks ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread