Gold detector?

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Does anyone know of a MD that will pick up gold under 5 feet of wet sand. This is not salty sand?
Also I am looking for ANY type of detector that is able to detect metal at 12 feet deep. This is salty sand and may contain ferrous and non ferrous metals.
This is for the EXPO.
It is to prove or disprove that there is parts of a SHIPWRECK on the Holiday Inn property.
I have permission from Holiday Inn to locate any and all material that may be located on the Beach side of their property that may be associated with any possible shipwreck.
Permission has also be granted to drill test holes to confirm if anything exist.
Some locations have already been given and plotted.
This will take place Sat the 28th.
Drilling will take place at a later date.
Peg leg

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Don,

A pulse star ll, metal detector with the 3 foot coil will penetrate to that depth easily and will also tell you if the metal is ferrous or non- ferrous. If I can attend. I will bring one for you to use.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
old man, that would be great and I hope that you CAN attend.
Peg Leg

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Pegleg

Are you talking about the Holiday inn , Brevard county that was damaged by that huricane 2004

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I am talking about th Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach.
Do not know if it was damaged in 2004 or not but most likely it is the same one.
Peg Leg

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about all the hotels on the Space and Treasure coast suffered some damage. The Ramada Inn on Satellite Beach was totally destroyed during Hurricane Francis or Jeanne, cant remember for sure, and is now a vacant lot.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread