8th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout thank you thread

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would like to formally thank Chuck (Seeker41) and Annie Graves for doing such a great job of hosting the 8th Annual Cookout. The food was great, the venue is just unbeatable and both Sam and Seajay Milner are lovely folks and great entertainers.
Thanks to Code Rum for sending samples via Tom Gidus and the lovely Monica (the only way it could have been twice as good is if there had been twice as much).
Kellyco supported us again and the inimitable Les Savege arrived with his truck full of Big Boy's Toys.
I got to see a lot of friends and make some new ones. It made for a very good day.
Thanks again, Chuck and Annie and every attendee. This is a very special get together that John Redman started, I believe the only one in the world. Let us hope it continues far into the future and that there are new adventures and new treasures to be found by our grandkids!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you Chuck and Annie for doing a great job. I also think it is important to note that Chuck said he will not be doing this again. We need to start looking NOW for the host of the 9th annual cookout. It's too much for one or two people. Let's not let this great event end.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could have attended...
Looks like a good time with good folks.
Would really hate to see it end.

Praying for a 9th.

ARC

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could of attended also, sounds like a great time with great people! Hopefully in the near future - Please keep it going strong!!!!

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill-

I'm glad you started this thread...was on my "to-do" list tonight. Ya beat me to it...

Chuck/Ann....GREAT JOB!! I want to say again.."thankyou" for all the effort and expense you both undertook to bring this all together. I can see that this event needs SEVERAL people to help organize all the cogs in the wheel to make this all come together... you guys did a PHENOMINAL job, and as a complete "newbie"...I sure appreciate the chance to come down here and rub elbows with some of the great names in this great game of hide and seek.
Also want to send a big shout out to Virginia and Walt and the Pennwood Motor lodge...what a GREAT place...( I'm still here as I type this...don't want to leave!!)
I fully intend to put the 9th Annual Treasure hunters gathering on my calander as soon as it's official...I WILL...be back!!

And on a VERY personal note... "Thanks"...to that group of guys that has sorta pulled me into the fold...you know who you are...I WILL be in touch.

I gotta say...the "uniqueness" of this event is rather astounding when you sit back and think about it alittle...the personality's, the people, the legends and the dreamers... it's not something you can really put into words. You have to come down and IMMERSE yourself amongst it to really get the vibe.

Again, I thank all who involved themselves and appreciate the weekend.

Ag

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree that everything came together nicely and Chuck (Seeker41) did a great job. I hope that it continues with many to come for mine and the next generation to enjoy. I leave you with 2 of my coolest take a ways (aside from all the super people I met) -Dave

capitanatee1.JPG

my sign.jpg

Attachments

• capitana t-shirt.jpg
    capitana t-shirt.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 105

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that everything came together nicely and Chuck (Seeker41) did a great job. I hope that it continues with many to come for mine and the next generation to enjoy. I leave you with 2 of my coolest take a ways (aside from all the super people I met) -Dave

View attachment 1307956

View attachment 1307955

I had a great time too. Chuck and Anne you nailed it. Jonah is a classy guy to bring a Royal to a BBQ picnic.

Oh yeah. I scored too. I sent a thank you to Kellyco for their donations.

Sweet IMG_1221.JPG

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to Chuck and everyone who made this happen. It was a blast.

Already looking forward to next year.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Chuck et al!

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was A great weekend as usual. Thanks to Chuck and all involved. Thanks to ropesfish for the use of his boat.

Agflit, You proved yourself, As far as I'm concerned you are one of the crew now. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread