Has La Flor De la Mar REALLY been found?

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This has been a favorite subject of mine. That 2014 article appears to be the latest on this subject. Still, no concrete evidence to suggest it being found. :BangHead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been obsessed with this ship for the past 5 years. Ever since I've heard of the ship it had been a dream of mine to uncover it. So naturally when I saw this article I was crushed. I'm hoping that they found some other wreck, or maybe it's bogus. Who knows? It's a little hard to believe without any footage or treasure to back up the claim.

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out...

I have been obsessed with this ship for the past 5 years. Ever since I've heard of the ship it had been a dream of mine to uncover it. So naturally when I saw this article I was crushed. I'm hoping that they found some other wreck, or maybe it's bogus. Who knows? It's a little hard to believe without any footage or treasure to back up the claim.

Flor do Mar

:icon_scratch::key:

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sat beside a person at a California Wreck Diver's party years ago where Robert Marx was the quest speaker. The person told me that he was with RM in Indonesia when he bought artifacts in an antique shop that RM claims was off the F de M.
My philosophy regarding underwater treasure hunters. Assume what they are telling you is a lie unless you can prover it's correct. Works for me.

F de M even if found is a logistical nightmare. To be found in Indonesia water with he crown jewels of Malacca on board. What is the track record of both countries regarding uw treasure hunting?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think the ship itself has ever been located, it's possible that right after the storm some of the cargo may have been salvaged, but the majority has not. It still awaits discovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread