The Greenhorn Questions I promised

Chas.alpha

Greenie
Feb 15, 2016
Tampa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I discovered TN a few months back, I apologized in advance for the rookie questions that all newbies MUST ask. Es tut mir lied.

I read conflicting statements regarding the beach rights of the 1715 wrecks. Some say dunes to mean low tide line, others read dunes to mean high. High tide line gives more territory to the salvage rights, so I am assuming this is correct. Are these rights granted in perpetuity? Also, I read an article from 2012 or so where Mr. Brisben stated that anything on the beach was " Finders-Keepers". Conflicting posts on TN seem to think that anything in Fla. over 50 years old belongs to the State. The correct answer will definitely determine which MD I will ask y'all to recommend as my first! ( I'd never start that one...) My life is simple. Job sends me to the Treasure Coast at the beginning of what will be a VERY active season. I man my job, rush to the beach during the eye, scoop up two Home Depot buckets full of Pieces o' Eight, then retire. Seems simple enough.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be Es tit mir leid..... :laughing7:

I think this may be more the case. I man my job, rush to the beach during the eye, scoop up two Home Depot buckets full of Pieces o' Eight, then go directly to jail.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in this case, it is NOT easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From salvage contract with

THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF STATE
DIVISION OF HISTORICAL RESOURCES

"...including sovereign submerged lands
seaward of the coastline below the mean low water line, excluding all
land West of the mean low water line."

Go to Walmart their buckets are white and visually blend in better with the environment as to not attract attention!!

OP
OP
C

Chas.alpha

Greenie
Feb 15, 2016
Tampa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in this case, it is NOT easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!

Thanks, I think. Still haven't got any answers to my questions. If I find a Spanish coin (better yet a bucket full) above the water line, below the dunes, is it mine? Many articles I have read say yes, some posts here say no. Confusing to this old boy! Also, does Q jewels have salvage rights forever?

Thanks

Go!d&$ilver

Greenie
Jun 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would be Es tit mir leid..... :laughing7:

I think this may be more the case. I man my job, rush to the beach during the eye, scoop up two Home Depot buckets full of Pieces o' Eight, then go directly to jail.

Must be those scuba diving police I hear so much about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread