Getting Involved

Jarz

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, first post here on treasure net! Basically I'm really keen to get involved in some shipwreck/treasure search and salvage campaigns. I'm a commercial diver and have been working in the industry for 7 years and have done plenty of marine salvage work including finding and recovering unexploded ordinance, wrecks and heritage items from ww2 in Australia. I'm also a keen underwater photographer and own some good photo equip, dive gear and an Aquapulse AQ1B. Really looking for advice or contacts which may help me realise my dream of being a treasure diver. Any advice appreciated! ✌️

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Jarz. Welcome to Treasurenet. Where are you located?

OP
OP
J

Jarz

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Salvor6 and thank you. I'm currently between Australia and Indonesia but I'm open to travel anywhere! It looks like a lot of the action on treasurenet is around the US Central America which id like to see. Honestly if there's a decent project I don't really mind where it is 🌊

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Jarz.

I have a friend in your neck of the woods that runs Tonga Expeditions. She isn't doing treasure, but pleasure diving - whale diving - photography is her specialty. Mention my name and she will charge you double :) PM me if you are ever going that way.

OP
OP
J

Jarz

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome and replies lads :icon_thumleft: Is there any specific companies who would be worthwhile trying to get in contact with at present?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know of no companies salvaging steel wrecks for treasure. There are a lot of small outfits doing salvage. Are you looking to be hired, or join in on the action and division of finds - if any?

OP
OP
J

Jarz

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not looking to be hired, I'm happy to join the action, meet some people and get my foot in the door basically. Given that I'd probly be traveling a fair distance I'd like to get involved with a decent size project rather than a few days here and there. Though I'm not really sure if it's realistic expecting to step onto something like that, guess that's why I'm here asking the questions!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread