Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New 5 pm...
Track is expected to shift west (heh)...

State of Emergency issued to Florida... even West Coast.

Name: MATTHEW
Type: Hurricane
Position: 16.3, 74.7
Valid: Oct 3, 2016 5:00 PM ET
Max Winds: 140mph
Gusts: 165mph
Direction: N

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ut oh.....

The latest projection from the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts agrees with most US models that the gigantic, slow-moving hurricane will reach Haiti at around 2am on Tuesday.

But unlike other forecasts the new ECMWF high probability cluster now shows ALL likely paths of the storm then hitting Florida, before moving north and hugging the south eastern coast of the United States.

And a second UK forecast just issued, from the Met Office, agrees a direct hit on Florida later this week is now the most likely scenario. It shows the storm turning west after it passes Cuba, before making landfall near Orlando.

Hurricane Matthew WILL change course and HIT Florida warn European forecasters | Weather | News | Daily Express

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, my wife landed in Orlando today for her conference, and I am leaving Friday morning. Starting to worry again! :skullflag:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HurTrack1.gif

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you guys see this....earlier today....YIKES!
IMG_0637.JPG

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Only blowing 30 here at the moment........it's coming though..

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
load all of your gold bars in the Fiat to hold it down!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New track has the eye really close to land north of the cape.

213032W5_NL_sm.gif

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK, my wife landed in Orlando today for her conference, and I am leaving Friday morning. Starting to worry again! :skullflag:

If it makes you feel any better .... Having secured my house as best as possible, installing the hurricane shutters .... (still have that impression you left on my gutter Pete) :laughing7: I will evac to Orlando in the morning. I hope and pray that the coastal properties here and my friends that choose to stay behind will be safe.

For anyone even thinking of coming here to metal detect ... the barrier islands (A1A) are under evacuation orders and the access bridges will be closed.

Stay safe all

-Dave

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sincerely hope all you floridians will be safe ( these things are usually over hyped)

alert me if the track moves over Indiana

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I spoke with Pat Cat earlier today and she was heading out of the path, so she should be safe.. Just received an e-mail from Kellyco, said they're going to pay attention to the weather, they'll be open depending on the risk to the public. I know Treasure_Hunter is up in the Kellyco area. So we may not hear from them and others for a wee bit.

There's probably a lot of members going to be in danger. I just read somewhere it's supposed to land as a Cat 4. It's going to be pretty confusing even into next week. We all need to pray for ours friends in harm's way. We may have no way of knowing if they're okay.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if anything happens to T_H I will throw myself off a cliff ( next time I find one - Indiana has no cliffs)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok the above is a joke ( although I probably broke a rule)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
right now it looks as if its going to be a very bad class 4 /3 (major hurricane class) coast walker type of storm which will spread its damage over the entire length of the east coast from Miami to Fernandia ...the 130 /120 mph winds and drenching rains ..will cause massive coastal flooding ..bad storm surges and massive power outages .

.the only up side at all is that it will strip lots of sand off the beaches so it will lay bare stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for many years and offer great metal detecting for treasures

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If it makes you feel any better .... Having secured my house as best as possible, installing the hurricane shutters .... (still have that impression you left on my gutter Pete) :laughing7: I will evac to Orlando in the morning. I hope and pray that the coastal properties here and my friends that choose to stay behind will be safe.

For anyone even thinking of coming here to metal detect ... the barrier islands (A1A) are under evacuation orders and the access bridges will be closed.

Stay safe all

-Dave

Does anyone know how long it was before they allowed non residents on the barrier islands after the last hurricanes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread