Anyone find any treasure on the East coast yesterday?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coconuts and bananas.I got a truckload too as they were everywhere and free for the taking.Im already down to my last 2 coconuts,gonna have to go back and get more and detect the beach where i found the birdcage door.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, can we be sure that is a "bird cage" door? I've never seen anything like that found on the 1715 fleet. Not saying there weren't silver birdcages, just not likely.

Silver and gold were made into objects as that was taxed at a different rate.

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Plantains, not bananas. Is it not completely obvious that you are the person I was talking about. I really don't appreciate the talk when I'm not around either.

It's not a birdcage door. That's a stretch at best. I don't know why I even bother anymore.

Last edited:

bigkid4

Oct 23, 2006
That is a piece of a lead plate from a car battery. It should be easy to bend and any bird wouldn't hang around very long. I have found many pieces on many different beaches. Whoever said it was silver needs to check it again.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is coming. What you want to look for is the black sand on the beach. Summer time doesn't move enough sand. Yet you will find stuff. After real high tides that hit the bank. The black sand comes off the top of the hill. You need a lot of wind and TIDE to change things. The best time to go is in a storm. Then up to two days afterward before it gets covered again. You want the hard bottom if you can get it. Their you will make a killing if your their first and go those three days. Or i would say if you like digging deep holes. Get a mine lab gold machine. You want a G.P. 4500 on up. Anything below that machine has a lot of extra noise. You'll miss nothing with one of these machines. Saves a lot of time and covers the a big beach fast if you walk lines. I drag my scoop handle in the sand. I got sick of digging hair pins at three plus feet deep with the gp-4500. Dig everything they say. Hope this gives you something to think about.

Scrapple

Mar 2, 2008
Delmarva
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was always told this: First rule of a good find is to keep your mouth shut about it. So, I agree, Booty!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread