Need enthusiastic diver to recover my rudders

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I remember when I first started diving, I'd look for any excuse to get wet. I can't afford a commercial diver.

I need someone to look for my rudders when my boat broke loose from the lift and bounced across the oyster beds to my neighbors dock during Mathew. It destroyed the propellers and broke off the rudders, I'm hoping a machine shop can fix them if I can find them. Depth is about 1 ft to 6 ft/ mud oystershell bottom. I used a kayak and my metal detector and didn't find them. Rudders are about a foot square and search area is about 100 ft by 50 ft, U/W metal detector and sit on top kayak is available. It's in the Sebastian River so visibility sucks. My knee is screwed up or I would be doing it.

$20 an hour or $100 if you find them in under 5 hours, if you find them in 5 minutes, great-anyway, total not to exceed $100

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dennis..I'll be down there in late april for the Treasure hunters cookout...get ahoild of me and we'll make a plan...I'll have gear with me and be glad to help.

ag

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon the whole cookout crew will be out there searching for those rudders. Maybe you guys can make it a competition. Instead of potato sack race you guys could have the first annual rudder search and scramble. You know..... first one to find a rudder gets free drinks. Hey Dennis if you can play to these guy's competitive nature you'll have 20 people out there searching at the same time. My money is on SADS 669.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is a photo of agflit, just to help you decide who to put your money on.....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484571171.891289.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll be there before all of you. :hello2:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like more than a few of you have lost your rudders....

OP
OP
D

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hopefully I find them before April, I appreciate all the offers:icon_thumleft:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait...he sent that to you too?!?!?!

worth at least $1 Billion.

OP
OP
D

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SHHH, nobody is supposed to know. We melted down the gold we found in the Bahamas and cast it into rudders and painted them black to smuggle the gold back

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is it exactly in relation to Outriggers restaurant ?

SHHH, nobody is supposed to know. We melted down the gold we found in the Bahamas and cast it into rudders and painted them black to smuggle the gold back

I assume it drifted from NW to SE after Matthew passed?

I got a pulse detector on a long wire and could drift over an area and maybe pin point some possible large targets and mark them with floating milk jug and some fishing weights.

I know a guy who is a marine welder by trade and could probably fab some new rudders that might just be easier.

ROBOTCOP 13

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Denniss - I just saw your post - have you found these things yet? I know a guy...

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maybe could use it as an excuse to get out of this cold weather, dont know if the wife would bite thou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread