Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: Placing a value on the French monument removed by the Spanish and lost at Sea.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2018
    Gainesville, FL
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Highly doubtful, in my opinion. I think the only plausible related scenario is if they purposefully omitted the translation of the rest of Alva's letter because it included context to suggest the ship carrying the monuments was not the Trinite. I haven't read all the case documents yet, but I believe I exhausted all those to include evidence of additional monuments being onboard the Trinite. If my memory serves correct, the most conclusive court document presented (that I was trying to find) was from the Spanish archives documenting a French survivors account of there being additional monuments onboard [one or more of] the wrecked ships. I would interpret the Alva letter to be such, but it would be great if the entire letter was translated.
    huntsman53 likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    28716 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    I wonder if any of the documents/letters were forged or added to after the State of Florida notified France after GME filed for a salvage permit and or arrest of the shipwreck. Sorry but I don't trust the French any further than I can throw them as they got us into the Vietnam War and then bailed on us, they kicked U.S. Troops out of France in 1967 after we demanded some repayment of War debts for what the U.S. spent on rebuilding many cities in France and especially Paris and also because they treated us (myself and fellow soldiers from my' Unit) like dirt when we spent nearly a week in Paris on Leave. Paris is a nasty city with nasty people!
    Hence why I would have told em to go pound sand.
    huntsman53 likes this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - Lurking in The RCT - Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

br
    Jul 2018
    7 times
    Bull Shiite!! If a factual not made up document can show that the monument found by GME was not on the Trinite and in turn proves that the ship is not the Trinite, then it has a lot of bearing on the decision.
    There were matches to cannon and other artefacts, not just the monument, that made it a perfect match for the manifest of the Trinity.
    As others have suggested reading the court ruling details everything very distinctly.
    or you can just keep guessing.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    4527 times
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterD View Post
    Highly doubtful, in my opinion. I think the only plausible related scenario is if they purposefully omitted the translation of the rest of Alva's letter because it included context to suggest the ship carrying the monuments was not the Trinite. I haven't read all the case documents yet, but I believe I exhausted all those to include evidence of additional monuments being onboard the Trinite. If my memory serves correct, the most conclusive court document presented (that I was trying to find) was from the Spanish archives documenting a French survivors account of there being additional monuments onboard [one or more of] the wrecked ships. I would interpret the Alva letter to be such, but it would be great if the entire letter was translated.
    Due to the amount of cargo that the La Trinité was carrying, your theory is highly plausible per the items listed on her' Manifest by NOAA (i.e. A significant amount of munitions, armament, and supplies are listed on its 28 April 1565 manifest. Iron objects which are likely preserved include 20 berches (large faucons or falcons, a class of cannon); four chiens (another artillery class); 977 cannon balls; 300 iron pikes; 1,300 nails; 100 corsets of armor; 3,153 pounds of stock iron; two anvils; a large iron bowl; a sheet of iron; and a variety of small items including tongs, hooks, pincers, and other hand tools.). It is quite possible that the L’…mérillon (2) was carrying the Monuments because her' cargo was somewhat of a mystery or secret per her' manifest also listed by NOAA (i.e. Her cargo and armament remains somewhat of a mystery, as her full manifest is not extant and the surviving receipt signed by her captain Vincent Collas lists only 48 cannon balls and 56 pounds of gunpowder.). It appears that the L’…mérillon (2) would have had plenty of room for the Monuments and would not have been overloaded.
    Last edited by huntsman53; Jul 12, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links