Anybody Diving the New York City Area ???

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I'd be afraid as to what I might find...lol But hey....That's a good question. There may be plenty of goods down there.

Happy Hunting!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simon,

you may want to talk to your local police dept divers that search for evidence.im sure they know whats down there.who knows,you might even find jimi hoffa down there wearing concrete shoes.

concrete shoes

A method of human disposal, developed and perfected by the Italian mob. Involves encasing a person's feet in poured concrete, and dumping them, alive or dead, into a deep body of water.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 501

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dove in the East River years ago for Barry Clifford looking for HMS HUSSAR, nasty place. 90 feet deep, zero viz. current was so strong it would move my face mask if you turned your face perpendicular to the current. We had to get clearance from the NYC Health Dept. first and a load of shots to boot. Got my first and only ear infection there, I started diving in 1972 so that gives you some idea of the place. Of course, we found nothing of HUSSAR but just about every kind of trash. Word has it that her remains are buried on land nearby.

Pirate Diver

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
FISHEYE said:
simon,

you may want to talk to your local police dept divers that search for evidence.im sure they know whats down there.who knows,you might even find jimi hoffa down there wearing concrete shoes.

concrete shoes

A method of human disposal, developed and perfected by the Italian mob. Involves encasing a person's feet in poured concrete, and dumping them, alive or dead, into a deep body of water.

ROFLMAO !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That was very unexpected!

Pcola

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread