Any evidence of Spain's "claim" against shipwrecks in Florida?

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the news stories on/after the Vero Beach find. There you will find the comments by Jim Goold on the issue.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the news stories on/after the Vero Beach find. There you will find the comments by Jim Goold on the issue.

**Like an actual legal brief not some IHATETREAUREHUNTERSblogspot.com?**

Some paid mouthpiece grand standing doesn't count either....

Post some evidence or drop the farce!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
**Like an actual legal brief not some IHATETREAUREHUNTERSblogspot.com?**

Some paid mouthpiece grand standing doesn't count either....

Post some evidence or drop the farce!
Au_Dreamers,
I can only answer your post based on a letter that Jim Goold sent to our attorney in regards to our Admiralty Claim in Federal waters. Goold wanted us to cease and desist all salvage " IF " our claim was a Spanish Treasure ship. Our attorney informed Mr. Goold that it appeared that we had found an unknown sailing vessel. ( That letter was sent a few years ago ).
As of Today it is still an unknown sailing vessel. I can also honestly say that as of Today, No Spanish Treasure has been recovered from this shipwreck.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old man,

Thanks for the info. Your wreck is Federal waters, good for you. Possibly one less rat to worry about.
The original statements make a claim of a claim against established Florida salvors bound by the law a 30+ year old federal ruling.

I'm sure we are all aware of Goold being the snake in the grass.
It's typical for lawyers to send a letter like that in general and if the receiver complies the attorneys have a short cut easy win.

Like advised in that other post, unknown sailing vessel (wrecked, abandoned) is what they all should be anymore giving the current state of affairs.

Congrats on the find, I hope you never find any Spanish treasure, but lots of world currency coins, bars and artifacts!!

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original statements make a claim of a claim against established Florida salvors bound by the law a 30+ year old federal ruling.

No, you did not read the post. Spain is looking at the State of Florida for not upholding its administration of the claim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you did not read the post. Spain is looking at the State of Florida for not upholding its administration of the claim.

Isn't that semantics?
What does Florida have to do with the administration of a Federal Admiralty ?

If you would just post the filed legal papers then I would know what the heck you are talking about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread