Casting for a New TV Show - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Casting for a New TV Show

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    br
    Jul 2018
    494 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    1. We are NOT pay-to-play and we are NOT a casting company.
    So, the title of the thread you started?
    Red_desert and catherine1 like this.
    I love the taste of water, frozen into squares, and surrounded by rum

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1750 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post
    Good one xaos.
    Red_desert and catherine1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7954 times
    The Truth
    Misrepresentation hmmm?

us
    Dec 2010
    back on the 1715!!
    629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    Misrepresentation hmmm?
    It's a technical difference in the entertainment industry and the nuance could be lost by those that do not know.

A casting company exist solely to cast people for shows. Often they will have catalogs of a wide range of "talent" that production companies / shows in production hire out from. Often they will have "cattle calls" to obtain fresh "inventory". They supply anywhere from background/extra talent (small amounts to 100's +), to day players and featured actors. Sometimes they're used to weed through mass "cattle calls" to find a select few and sometimes those calls are just publicity stunts to promote projects.

A Production company would be casting to fill their specific need for their production(s) - no middle man, the casting company. You're straight in front of the decision makers, not a headshot resume' sitting in a catalog of talent waiting on a phone call, like a casting company.

Which is why if your talent in Hollywood looking for work it's good to know the difference.

-cheers
    Last edited by Au_Dreamers; Dec 07, 2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: gopher
    "The finding of a great treasure from the days of the Spanish Main is not the cherished dream of only the United States and Florida citizens; countless peoples from other lands have shared such thoughts. It would amaze and surprise most citizens of this country, when their dream, at the greatest of costs, was realized, the agents of respective governments would, on the most flimsy grounds, lay claim to the treasure."
    ---Judge William O.Mehrtens
    1978 Ruling Against the State of Florida

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    301 times
    Acecasting must be looking for people that have seen UFO's.Offshore.
    Red_desert likes this.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    1481 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHEYE View Post
    Acecasting must be looking for people that have seen UFO's.Offshore.
    I have...

us
    Feb 2004
    lake mary florida
    Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
    301 times
    I have seen UFO's too.close to shore.One was the size of 3 football fields that me and my dad saw.It was declassified several years ago.The air force in savannah georgia tracked it from florida to maine.Plus i have seen many others both alien and man made.The man made ones were triangle shaped and they do have wormhole tech that works.
    aquanut, Red_desert and thetigers2 like this.
    Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.

br
    Jul 2018
    494 times
    Unidentified Floating Objects?
    BillA likes this.
    I love the taste of water, frozen into squares, and surrounded by rum

us
    Development Coordinator

Nov 2018
    Los Angeles
    9 times
    Hi all, chiming in again to clear things up:

1) The Facebook page shared is in no way affiliated with us. That company is based in Atlanta and is named "ACE Casting." We are based in Los Angeles and are named "American Chainsaws Entertainment" (we informally use the abbreviation ACE). Our email is called acecasting because it's used exclusively by our development team. Our website is https://www.americanchainsaws.com/ and that is the ONLY official platform our company manages.

2) Au_Dreamers is correct. While we engage in casting, we are NOT a casting company. We are a production company. Some organizations will hire casting companies to find talent for their upcoming programs. The casting company will submit headshots/resumes/reels of talent they identify to be a good fit. This is where pay-to-play schemes come into play. Unscrupulous casting companies may go to struggling actors and say, "We were just hired to find talent for a role. We'll submit you for the role if you pay x." We have no middleman, so all casting submissions go straight to the decision makers. Once we cast the show, we will film it, and then edit it. All phases of production are handled within our company which is why we're a full-service production company and not just a "casting company." Again, there will be absolutely no monetary expense to any talent that is involved with our program.

I hope that helps clear things up. Feel free to message/email me personally with any questions/concerns whatsoever. There are limits to what we can say publicly and we may be able to provide more answers over private channels. If you're even tangentially interested in the project, I encourage you to reach out. Thank you!
    aquanut likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Midwest USA
    Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3
    1452 times
    I'm still searching, but stuff like this comes up.

American Chainsaws Entertainment is a Florida Fictitious Name filed on June 13, 2012. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is G12000058179. The company's principal address is 55 Se 2nd Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444.

The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Rocodok LLC from Delray Beach FL.

Company Name: AMERICAN CHAINSAWS ENTERTAINMENT
    File Number: G12000058179
    Filing State: Florida (FL)
    Filing Status: Active
    Filing Date: June 13, 2012
    Company Age: 6 Years, 6 Months
    Principal Address:

us
    The continuing adventures of Ropesfish -

Jun 2007
    Sebastian, Florida
    A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
    1609 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by ACECasting View Post
    Again, there will be absolutely no monetary expense to any talent that is involved with our program.
    Sounds like a heck of a deal...
    To paraphrase Dire Straits:

"Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
    You play reality on the cable TV
    That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Money for nothin' and coins for free
    Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
    Maybe get a blister on your little finger
    Maybe get a blister on your thumbWe got to install diesel boat motors heavy scuba tank deliveries
    We got to blow these excavations we don't get to be on those color TVs"
    Red_desert and Kantuckkeean like this.
    Bill Black
    Search and Salvage/Caribbean Treasure Salvors
    Sebastian, FL
    ropesfish@gmail.com

Subcontractor on the 1715 Plate Fleet "C-31"
    “You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.”
    Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

https://www.facebook.com/searchandsalvage.net/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467407956647367/

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    12165 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Rocodok LLC was created on May 23, 2012 in Delray Beach, FL.
    As found in Florida Business Registry, Rocodok LLC agent is Malnove, Adam L.
    Register address of this business is 55 Southeast 2Nd Avenue, Delray Beach, Fl 33444.
    Don.....
    PS: Are
    Duke Straub, Colt Straub or Royal Malloy in your group?
    Last edited by Mackaydon; Dec 07, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Red_desert likes this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    325 times
    I think people may be a bit hard on Casey with the good-natured ribbing and suspicion. Since they are actually a production company, I'd say there are two likely scenarios: The first is that they have some info--good or bad, on where a potential wreck is and they want to pursue that. The second is that they are recruiting experienced salvage/treasure hunters and the arc of the show will be mapped out in the pre-production process. If it is the former, the drama will derive from the zeroing in on the wreck and inevitable obstacles that arise in such an operation. If it is the latter, the drama will derive primarily from the human interaction and the generalized search for a wreck, i.e. each person cast will think that they have more experience and are smarter than everyone else, and all the other people are idiots. Like when you get a lot of experienced construction people together to work on a community project. In this case, having a dynamic personality and being a colorful character will benefit you if you want to be cast for the show. Unless you are the captain of the boat, being a low key quiet person who shoots flames from their eyes probably won't help you. But it also goes without saying that having a peg leg that replaces a leg that was bitten off by a shark would be a plus in getting cast in any ocean faring production.
    Kantuckkeean likes this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

us
    Development Coordinator

Nov 2018
    Los Angeles
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    Rocodok LLC was created on May 23, 2012 in Delray Beach, FL.
    As found in Florida Business Registry, Rocodok LLC agent is Malnove, Adam L.
    Register address of this business is 55 Southeast 2Nd Avenue, Delray Beach, Fl 33444.
    Don.....
    PS: Are
    Duke Straub, Colt Straub or Royal Malloy in your group?
    As confirmed on our website: americanchainsaws.com
    Duke, Colt, and Royal are the principals of the company

us
    Feb 2008
    Midwest USA
    Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3
    1452 times
    I think I've found it now, on another source link.

American Chainsaws in Los Angeles, CA - (213) 761-5965 - Profile

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links