11th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John... got to go raise a 60 ton crane that was pulled off a barge while attempting to salvage a 600' shot of chain and anchor that Carnival Cruise lines managed to lose. Gonna recover the crane..( wtf..it's junk now...) than raise the chain and anchor from 100'.

ag

You better kick really hard off the bottom! - cheers - summer's coming!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my cream cheese , jimmy dean sausage , green onion , garlic and wostshire sauce with a pecan crust rapidly "disappers" anywhere I take it ….its always quite popular ---I was a pro cook for 30 years

I will be bringing one plus 8 bottles of wine , 3 of booze --sailor jerry rum --wild turkey 101 and hennessy cognac --being they put me on blood thinners -- booze is off my diet now so ...my bad luck is ya'lls good luck ...have a drink on me....

damn those PE blood clots...

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2015
Miami Fl, also hunt in Peru
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur Gray Ghost headphones,Garrett Ace 250,Garrett sea Hunter ,Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II,
Long Range detectors Omni Range Master, Spider unit(one of a kind) Rangertell, Electroscope.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked into hotel thursday night to be ready for an awesome day

I do beach hunting and mostly found modern jewelry .
long time customer of kellyco and met several people there over the years.
I had 2 experiences searching in Peru for some spanish galleons. and 3 trips to mountains searching for jesuit treasure
and came back wiser but broker.
I met a few people through selling nautical antiques signal cannons on ebay.
and I told them I'm not a "card carrying treasure hunter"
but they said come on down.

thanks to michael and John for inviting me .
my wife unfortunately is on oxygen so she came with me but will not be able to join in he fun.
If there is a prize for the early bird hopefully I will get it. I also have some things to add the the aucion and look for a flipper race
I hope to detect a few beaches on friday and look forward to meeting some new people there.

see you in 2 days
Bert treasurehunterpennyfinder

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again I will miss another cookout... and every year I say "next year"... so again "next year".

The Cookout looks like a really good gathering of good folks and a good time to boot.

I enjoy the great photos posted after the THC here so keep lots of them coming so those of us that cannot attend can be jealous. :)

Hope to make it some time ... I enjoy the company of fellow "scallywags". :P

Oh... and please... I am concerned...

Don't deplete the Rum in Florida.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I too regret missing this one. Recovering from very nasty pancreatitis & so wish I had the energy to attend.

Have a wonderful time, take lots of photos/videos, & I look forward to seeing all next year. I'll be thinking about you all day!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I nearly forgot...if you would like to bid on this auction item and cannot be at the Cookout, call or text me at 772-584-0028 and apprise me of your method of payment.
The Treasure Coast Treasure Wreck Boat Tour 2019
An auction item benefitting the
Michael Abt Jr Have A Heart Foundation
and the Treasure Hunter’s Cookout
On April 27th at approximately 3:30 PM at the 11th Annual Treasure Hunter’s Cookout we will be auctioning the trip of a lifetime for 4 lucky people. Here are the particulars:
Have you ever wondered it is like to be able to see the 1715 wreck sites from the deck of a treasure boat?
Would you like to have the chance to hear the stories of the 1715 salvage from those who have done it?
This year you can have the chance to do just that if you are the high bidder on this trip. We are offering a lunch cruise aboard the survey boat, ShowDown that will take you down the beaches over the northern 6 wreck sites on the Treasure Coast with an excellent lunch provided by Captain Hiram’s and served aboard.
The lucky bidder and 3 guests will be invited to join Nichole Abt Johansen (Mel Fisher's granddaughter and the manager of the “Mel Fisher’s Treasures” museum) as well as 3 or 4 past and/or active salvors aboard the ShowDown, Caribbean Treasure Salvors LLC’s 38’ Bertram survey boat for a casual lunch cruise. Here’s the plan:
9:45 AM - Meet at the dock and board the ShowDown.
10:00 AM - The adventure commences! Here’s our route:
Out through the Sebastian Inlet
Past the Pines wreck site, the Cabin Wreck, the Anchor Wreck, Spring of Whitby, Green Cabin and Corrigan’s…maybe even Rio Mar if time allows.
3:00 (Approx) Return to dock.
As we pass each wreck site, your tour crew will talk with you and your guests about each site, the history, the salvors and the finds on each wreck. Lunch will be served.
Crew - Nichole Abt Johansen and at least 2 special guests to be announced as well as Captain Kym Ferrell and Captain Bill Black.
The date of this trip to be mutually agreed upon between May 15 and September 1, 2019 with at least one week’s notice. Some flexibility in dates is suggested due to weather.
Here’s how the auction will work: bids will be taken on this trip at the Cookout at 3:30 PM. We will do a Facebook Live during the auction and will take bids from pre-approved bidders on Facebook.
Please note: This boat trip is being donated by Search & Salvage/ Caribbean Treasure Salvors LLC and is not to be construed to be a part of any other company, group or organization.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
By far the best Treasure Hunters Cookout ever! There was close to 500 people attending.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was great time, I remember when it was less than 50 people. Tons of good food, if you left hungry it was by your choice. Lot of people attended and it was a great time. Even my parrot Lucky enjoyed it.

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely a fantastic time and the weather was perfect. Storms never materialized and a slight breeze to help cool things down.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only dream about it hope everyone has fun and share the experiance with your tnet family.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jim, the professional photographer, can you post some of the pics you took at the cookout? How about that group photo you took?

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hope to see lots of pics to live through you all vicariously (which I do anyhow when it comes to treasure diving).

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi folks....and thanks to all who came to the Cookout. John and I were a little busy but there were some folks that took pictures and shot video.
I will post some video tonight and pictures tomorrow or Thursday.
This one from Dwight Colon of the New Age Goonies crew:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions