i think i'm onto the location of a treasure fleet patache - PERSA 100 tons 6 guns

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
according to my research --I believe--I have a extremely good chance on the location of a treasure fleet patache PERSA --100 TONS - 6 CANNON- ----NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS --- 1641 so it pre 1750 * (the SPANISH cut off date --due to the juno and la gagla case) ---and its outside the 12 mile us east coast territorial limit / 3 mile state of florida limit --so no permits needed to work it---AND LOOKS LIKE 60 TO 100 FOOT OF WATER ..

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds great, Ivan. Congratulations !
What's your next step?

mr etrackr

Nov 23, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX-3030 , explorer SE & excall 1000, excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Ivan, I tried to respond back to your message, it says your message box is full,,, you need to remove some old ones in order to get any new ones !! cheers my friend,

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you luck.:icon_thumright:

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at a different Spanish patache boat. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on whether Spain could try and claim it as a military ship?

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at a different Spanish patache boat. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on whether Spain could try and claim it as a military ship?

finders keepers, losers weepers

Rüdiger

Feb 15, 2016
Sweden
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell your information to a large salvage company. To find a treasure does not always mean to be able to keep it:dontknow:. Offt it is only the lawyers who get rich.

mvh
Rüdiger

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGI Seville research is required, but I do not think a patache is military!

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to my research --I believe--I have a extremely good chance on the location of a treasure fleet patache PERSA --100 TONS - 6 CANNON- ----NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS --- 1641 so it pre 1750 * (the SPANISH cut off date --due to the juno and la gagla case) ---and its outside the 12 mile us east coast territorial limit / 3 mile state of florida limit --so no permits needed to work it---AND LOOKS LIKE 60 TO 100 FOOT OF WATER ..
Ivan, is it international waters then?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
outside the 12 mile us govt's territory limit ---and out the state of florida's grasp as well -- so screw the govt permits --(BOTH OF THEM DO NOT PLAY A HONEST GAME AND WILL TELL 0THERS TO TRY TO SCREW YOU UP AS WELL)--so yah --in "open waters" --and SINCE ITS pre 1750 * not a naval vessel and since its location was noted in the records Spain abandoned it ...Spain if it wanted to COULD have salvaged it if they had choose to --they choose not to --thus they ABANDONED IT ...so its a "open wreck" legally speaking ...exactly what a treasure salvor wants...no govt BS to deal with , a clearly legally Abandoned wreck

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well it was ONLY A100 ton vessel--- THUS rather small --BUT IT WAS PART OF A TREASURE FLEET -- SMUGGLING WAS RAMPET …. a patache was a small light fast vessel used to carry dispatches FROM VESSEL TO VESSEL and go in shallow waters to fetch up water / food supplies for the fleets larger vessels …(350 TONS ) CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR THE CARGO MANIFEST AND LIST OF FOLKS ABOARD HER

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Back then (1641) every ship carried cannons.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shiver me timbers, you might have a chance to hornswaggle Spain and Florida out of the booty.

Although the idea of being able to be able to salvage a wreck that might be in a "law loophole" situation is appealing...

It is highly doubtful that this wreck as well as any other wreck of a historical nature does not fall under some form of protection from salvage without a claim from someone or something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread