Billy Kinnon

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
I am truly surprised it has taken this long for anyone to post that a giant in the lost world of undersea exploration and treasure hunting has passed the bar - without anyone making any chatter or noise about it. But in retrospect, he probably prefers it that way...

But never-the-less I will pay him the homage he is due. This "Giant" is and now was Billy Kinnon, owner of the Rio Bravo and one of the 20th century's first fiercely independent undersea explorers responsible for the discovery and excavation of the Padre Island Shipwrecks in Texas - where Texas A & M and the rest of the communistic archaeological community took the public credit and attempted to sweep him under the rug!

Many of us had met Billy but few of us understood him... Unless you have - first person experienced the anal back stabbing those seeking to control "cultural resource management" are capable of in State government and certain Federal Agencies - you will miss-understand the introspective manner in which they deal with people.

His boats and equipment and Billy himself truly was a Giant who has been there and done that and my hat is off to him....
Clear sailing Billy... Now you know where the rest of the treasure is... 10-22-23-Big Pump Day 040.jpg

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn’t know Billy but nicely said Dom! Fair winds Billy!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never met him either but by the looks of his "fleet" he was well equipped and must have utilized some modern technology and techniques.

Like you said, now he knows how close he came to finding the rest.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread