All Treasure Hunting
Ok great... thanks for all your help. :P

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I would take the lack of response as "I don't know!" Seahunter would be your best bet, but who knows exactly what all has been found on the beaches, etc.

As far as I know, the only talk of emeralds came from PegLeg and Dell, and the many boxes of them north of the inlet!

Robert

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your response Robert. I recall that thread in reference to PegLeg & Dell. I just wanted to know whether anyone has actually found any as of yet...

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that bulldozer worked for me after all...

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,159
OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach Find - several weeks back... 2 carat, clear, dark blue-green, "barrel" shape stone!! Yipee!! And nice encrusted spike along with it!!

Attachments

• 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2,155

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Wow, You were just priming us for that one, eh! Nice!

Congrats of the find! I guess I need to bring my emerald sifter!

Neptunes Keep

Greenie
Oct 1, 2007
Nice Find!!!

Thank heaven for beach finds..... Nice color too on the emerald.... i'd leave the whole E.O. Intact.

When did it turn up....?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find. Would like to hear the whole story. ;)

Attachments

• Phips Const..jpg
    Phips Const..jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,099

cliffscot

Oct 19, 2007
Bimini, Bahamas & Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8-x, Garrett Sea Hunter
I agree you need to tell more of the story!!! I have read what PegLeg said about the Jupiter Inlet and was curious to know how you came about your find....

So please do tell more.

The expert in that are is SEAHUNTER!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Cliff

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Yeah.. Whats the scoop ,new condo?Its hard to get permisson to run a dozer on the bch ..I hope you find many more :) GOODLUCK p.s. let me know if phips const. needs any help on the footings ;)

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
This one just sold for 700 dollars... Im sure phips would bring alot more, his looksalot more clear / andbigger 8)

Attachments

• 4103a.jpg
    4103a.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,988

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Wow, thanks for the info!

To the finder of the stone: My Belated Congratulations...and then some!

Cavers5

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Nice emerald.

Is that a coin at the top right of the picture? My eyes are not so good these day even with glasses on.

Lets hope there's more, get it X ray-ed there could be lots in that conglomerate. I think Fisheye has an X-ray machine down in Florida, I am sure he would do it for you, he is a serious TH on this forum, and always helpfull.

Regards

Mike

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all... thanks for your compliments. It was quite an awesome find... I am very excited to say the least! I wasn't going to post the pics here at first because I don't want to encourage a whole lot of people to go tearing up the beach, but I couldn't help myself!

Marc, you are welcome to put this find on the banner... no problem.

Obviously I am not going to divulge where specifically this came up as I am expecting to find more. I will make it clear that this was a beach find and I was NOT pirating in any way from the Jupiter Wreck! I just wanted to find out if anyone else had recovered any emeralds from this site as this may be the first thus making it an extra special find. I recovered this conglomerate about 3 weeks ago and could only see the encrusted ships fastener. I actually recovered quite a few spikes that day, took them home, and conserved all but 2 of them. I kept this one encrusted as it looked cool the way it was stuck in the coquina.

Well, 3 weeks later, I picked up this conglomerate again to look at it and small pieces of loose shells crumbled off revealing the emerald underneath! I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first. This is a pretty small emerald but it definately appears to be gem quality. It is a clear, barrel shaped stone and really dark blue-green in color... the pics don't do it justice. There certainly could be more emeralds within this conglomerate but I haven't been handling this piece very much as I don't want any more of the shells to come loose and have the emerald fall out of the conglomerate. It seems to be stuck in there pretty good though. I definately intend to leave this piece intact.

And Cablava, no I don't think that there are any coins in this conglomerate. That is part of the "head" of the spike I think you are referring to... just the angle of the photo. I wish it were a coin though!

I am going to bring it up to the McClarty Treasure Museum in Sebastian today (in a display box) for a little show & tell as I always enjoy sharing my finds with others... so if you are in the area, stop by to see it. I should be there between 11:30am and 4pm.

I primarily collect 1715 Fleet "goodies" and I have 44 emeralds from those wrecks so I have made the decision to sell this piece from the Jupiter Wreck. I am entertaining offers (and have had several). If you have an interest in purchasing this piece, you may contact me at my personal email address:
[email protected]

All the best... Happy Hunting!! And Happy Holidays!!! Phips

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• jupiter.jpg