Burt Webber
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

May 2007
    1 times

Burt Webber

Anyone know how to contact Burt? Appreciate any help, I lost contact back in 1990's.
    Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
      Him kill both Priest and Friar, oh dear!
        Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny,
          Bloody, bloody, buccaneer.

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Burt Webber

According to this article he's still in Miami.

http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=94828

do
    Sep 2006
    Dominican Republic
    61 times

Hi,

As I know, Burt is already in our Dominican waters on board of Ocean Lady and they have different treasure targets here. Burt plans to stay in Dominican waters for about 5 months. I hope to speak to him again here in Santo Domingo in the close future.

Bobadilla

us
    ScubaGecko

Jun 2004
    Beaufort, SC
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
    54 times

Burt may be in Domincan Republic right now. I haven't spoke to him in several months, but I do have his email which he may still be checking. I would not feel comfortable giving out phone numbers.

I will PM his email to you.

Robert

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    11 times

Marine Exploration, Inc. - MEXP Details Its Joint Venture Partner's Successful Field Testing Operations in Immediate Preparation for Its Survey in Search of Over $100,000,000 in Sunken Treasure
    Monday June 23, 6:30 am ET

MIAMI, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Jun 23, 2008 -- Marine Exploration, Inc., trading under stock symbol (Other OTC:MEXP.PK - News), is pleased to report that Burt D. Webber, Jr., at the helm of its Joint Venture Partner, Hispaniola Ventures, LLC has successfully completed field testing operations in immediate preparation for its survey for targeted sunken vessels. Operating on the well-known 1733 Capitana wreck site off the Florida Keys, Webber and his team tested and calibrated their one-of-a-kind Geometrics diver-operated cesium magnetometers and state-of-the-art Geometrics vessel towed cesium magnetometer over a two-day exercise. Taking to the water to run his Operational Director through training, Mr. Webber expressed: "It was a thrill to put the new equipment through its paces and train my team for the serious work ahead."

The exercise served to ensure the proper operational functionality of this equipment, designed to Webber's specifications, ahead of the maiden voyage of the Ocean Lady.

us
    Shipwreck Researcher

Dec 2005
    Florida
    JW Fishers Pulse 8X
    104 times
    Shipwrecks

He just e-mailed me on the 28th so he is checking his e-mail
    "Preserving Maritime History For Future Generations"

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    11 times

us
    Shipwreck Researcher

Dec 2005
    Florida
    JW Fishers Pulse 8X
    104 times
    Shipwrecks

This is a big ball of BS I talk to Burt all the time....I was invited to go with him on the fist trip but right now I cant spend 3 month at sea, One of my divers from DR is going with him. He will be leaving the dock in about 30 days....he has had some problems but he never got thrown out of DR.....I did send him a copy of this, but knowing Burt probably he wont even reply, he doesn't care much about what people say or think....People should not be talking with out having proof, I have seen people get in trouble for that...

All the best

Chagy....

do
    Sep 2006
    Dominican Republic
    61 times

Hi Chagy,

I sent you personal email about three weeks ago, so far without any answer. May I ask you to tell me who is the diver from DR going with Burt on his trip? I do not believe this "sure news" on internet at all and I will check it with local competent sources anyway.

Regards,
    Bobadilla

us
    Shipwreck Researcher

Dec 2005
    Florida
    JW Fishers Pulse 8X
    104 times
    Shipwrecks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobadilla
    Hi Chagy,

I sent you personal email about three weeks ago, so far without any answer. May I ask you to tell me who is the diver from DR going with Burt on his trip? I do not believe this "sure news" on internet at all and I will check it with local competent sources anyway.

Regards,
    Bobadilla

Hola Compadre,

Dr. Naufragio was invited by Burt to go with him on the first trip.......I will e-mail you....

All the best,

Chagy.....

do
    Sep 2006
    Dominican Republic
    61 times

Hola Compadre,

I got your email, thanks! Wish you all the best and also to Dr. Naufragio. It would be great experience for Ch. to be there.

Best regards,
    Lobo

do
    Sep 2006
    Dominican Republic
    61 times

Hello everybody,

Today afternoon I had personal meeting with competent Dominican auhorities and I can confirm you that Burt Weber has ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM here in Dominican Republic. Who seems to have a problem is the owner of the charted research ship "Ocean Lady" and again, this problem has nothing to do with Dominican Republic, but it consist, as I was told, in some unsettled accounts with US Coastal Guard.

Bobadilla

PDJ

Jul 2007
    Excalibur 1000, Whites DFX 300

So, it's been a while since I've seen a post on this thread and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything. I did see some pr that Marine Exploration bought the ship that they were orignally leasing (is that correct?) and received certification to 'sail' recently. I assume w/ all the huricanes, if they are still in miami, it was for the best. How are they making out?
    PDJ

us
    Shipwreck Researcher

Dec 2005
    Florida
    JW Fishers Pulse 8X
    104 times
    Shipwrecks

Quote Originally Posted by PDJ
    So, it's been a while since I've seen a post on this thread and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything. I did see some pr that Marine Exploration bought the ship that they were orignally leasing (is that correct?) and received certification to 'sail' recently. I assume w/ all the huricanes, if they are still in miami, it was for the best. How are they making out?
    PDJ
    Hello PDJ,

Yes they did buy the boat and they will be leaving very soon. And yes they were waiting for the huricanes to pass.

All the best,

Chagy....

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft; Equinox 800
    396 times

Any updates on Burt?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links