The Wukits Cross

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK ladies and gents, you heard it here first and this aint no bag of nickles! I give you the Wukits Cross!
It will be buried along the east coast of Florida by Dan Wukits sometime in the next six months or so according to Dan who
made the crucifix himself. I have held the thing in my hands and it is heavy and beautiful. Before being buried, there will be
some half pearls affixed to it in addition to the garnets you see in the attachements. To find the cross, you will need to buy Dan's book "El Misterio Del La Cruz" that contains the clues you need to locate it. Don't ask me... I have no idea where it will be hidden, and I don't want to know.
It is solid silver and one of a kind !

Attachments

• 6-19-08 005.gif
    6-19-08 005.gif
    270.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 6-19-08 002.gif
    6-19-08 002.gif
    203.6 KB · Views: 592
  • cover1.gif
    cover1.gif
    223 KB · Views: 580

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Ok Signumops

Just let me know where to buy the book, about the cross? I don't care to find it, I don't care neither to metal detecting in Florida, anyway, that State is overdetected so much that it's worthless to pay a flyticket just to MD there.My concern is to buy the book as collection of treasure hunting books.Remenber, if the law - "isolate items" is still alive, please don't bury the silver cross :'( :'(

Amona

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amona:
The first draft of the book is done, but, Dan asked me to help him with a broad publication, and it has to be re-edited. You might be happy to know that I want him to do it in English and Spanish, page by page. Story revolves around Spanish mapmaker shipwrecked on East Coast of Florida and a priest who gives him the cross. At the moment, the girl in the photos, Grettel Morales, is doing the Spanish inserts for us and we are adding some more maps and possibly other types of clues.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
respecticively - an obvious marketing ploy to sell the book.
Question -any guarantees built into this quest
is there quaranteed winner, if not, what happens to the cross?
sounds similiar to the " A treasure Trove" - which hit the major media outlets - including the today show
he hid 13 custom made jewel encrusted creatures based on his hidden codes found in the book
He ended up in big time legal troubles after a second release of a new global treasure hunt
I was personally involved in the hunt and published in the media
I will follow this up with a link
Bradydog

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
respecticively - I don't think I know you, so I would advise you to restrain yourself from casting aspersion my way. Obviously Dan Wuckits is not going to give you a pound of silver because you could not find something or other in somebody else's treasure hunt. I guarantee that you will not find it if you do not read the book. You will not be able to borrow it from the library. Maybe you can steal a copy.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great idea.Let us know where we can get the book when its done.So as a added bonus for whoever finds the cross.Does the girl come with the cross?

OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. She is Dan's girl and she is doing the Spanish text versions for us. You'll be able to read it in English and Spanish. She doesn't know where the cross is going to be buried either.

I posted here for the heavy hitters that roam the Shipwreck threads, but this whole thing actually belongs at the Armchair Treasure Hunting forum, so that's where new threads will go.

This whole thing is just a fun hunt like the Quest for the Golden Hare, nothing more. Kids and tourists. There's no pile of books waiting to be sold. There will be more info at the Treasure Hunter's Book Club in Jan. 2009 at the FUN show in Orlando.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread