Shipwreck of Mozambiquen coast

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
9 bronze canons was found by local fishermens and sold for scrap to a dealer............. >:( the ref No on one of them is ...................5698 468 XLYK : ..........does this make any sens >? i found the anchor in about 2 meters of water lok at the photos
the wreck......is about 6 km from fogo isalnd of thr zambezia coast neer Moma..................is there somebody out there that can help me.....i got the license from the goverment to explore and recover

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 961
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 743
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 723
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 738
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 717

The Hun

Dec 6, 2008
Hungary
fogo said:
9 bronze canons was found by local fishermens and sold for scrap to a dealer............. >:( the ref No on one of them is ...................5698 468 XLYK : ..........does this make any sens >? i found the anchor in about 2 meters of water lok at the photos
the wreck......is about 6 km from fogo isalnd of thr zambezia coast neer Moma..................is there somebody out there that can help me.....i got the license from the goverment to explore and recover

Hello,

What kind of help do you need?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
looks like time dating and nationaiity IDing help by the looks of it to start with. to help id what hes found

Patrick Jane

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a permit to pull iron out of salt water and not even treat it? Doubt it.

Patrick Jane

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The locals have been doing that for years. When I was there I met a fisherman that bought a new Toyoya 4-Runner after selling a load of silver bars. The cheif of the Dept. of Archaeology at the University Eduardo Mondlane in Maputo raised 6 iron cannons with his students and they eventually rusted away on the campus grounds because they have no conservation equipment. Then the students went behind his back and looted the wrecks!

OP
OP
fogo

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
The Hun said:
fogo said:
the wreck......is about 6 km from fogo isalnd of thr zambezia coast neer Moma..................is there somebody out there that can help me.....i got the license from the government to explore and recover

Hello,

What kind of help do you need? nobody beliefs intill you do it yourself......i took a 200 Lt petrol drum ...tided it to the canon and emptied diving tank in to drum .....lifted the canon about 500 cm....about 300meter onwards got got the ballast stones...i at the moment carry on allone and see how far i will get without expert help or partner.....

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
fogo, Put a copy of your salvage license from the government on here and I am sure that you will get all the help you want.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
scubasalvor said:
.....Then the students went behind his back and looted the wrecks!

There's alot of that going on in my neck of the woods as well. It's pretty easy to do when they're given the keys to the entire operation.

Pcola

OP
OP
fogo

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
old man said:
fogo, Put a copy of your salvage license from the government on here and I am sure that you will get all the help you want.

i can send it to you in person...if you willing to go in a venture with me

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
At least put that anchor in some fresh water or something....It doesnt take long for things to crack, degrade, and fall apart Fogo. Doesnt need to be anything fancy... But if you want that anchor to be worth anything or for it to say..... continue existing , then preserve it!

Do you have access to a scanner Fogo? If so, just scan it and post it... You will get a lot of legitimate responses with that gesture.

-GOLD

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fogo what is Arquenautica doing? Where are they working? Who has the lease around Mozambique Island?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread