Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Dec 2007

Re: A road culver...a good natural sluice in Alaska??

bad news ang, don't know about the rest of the state but here on the kenai we do have leeches and an ocassional tick. good luck getting to those culverts b4 i get to em! i'll be the guy with the t.d and a garden hoe on a long stick

us
    Dec 2004
    NW Illinois
    White's XLT (2), MXT, MXT Pro,
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 1frozenhillbilly
    bad news ang, don't know about the rest of the state but here on the kenai we do have leeches and an ocassional tick. good luck getting to those culverts b4 i get to em! i'll be the guy with the t.d and a garden hoe on a long stick
    Leeches & ticks? You can have them and I've never seen one up here in the Fairbanks area but they could be there. I'm going to try a culvert, who knows, I could get lucky!

Good luck to you!
    Ang
    Ang

us
    Apr 2011
    Wisconsin
    1 times

I am soooooo glad I found this site. I already love all you guys! Prayers for all of you for being so free with info. Now if I can only find an area where nobody does this!

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    8238 times

A GOOD TIME TO GET CULVERT GOLD IS WHILE A FEW INCHES OF WATER IS FLOWING THRU THEM. USE A CHIMNEY SWEEP TOOL TO BRUSH THE GOLD OUT INTO A CAPTURE BUCKET OR PAN. JUST DON'T GET ONE WITH COPPER BRUSHES. YOU WILL SPEND ALL OF YOUR CLEANUP TIME TRYING TO GET RID OF THE TINY PIECES OF COPPER. THEY MAKE THEM WITH FIBER BRISTLES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MATCH THE SIZE OF THE CULVERT, JUST RAKE THE BOTTOM AND LET THE WATER HELP MOVE THE GOLD (AND EVERYTHING ELSE) OUT.
    IF YOU GO WHEN THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER IS FLOWING YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT PUSHING THE GOLD UP STREAM.

GIVE IT A TRY. YOU MIGHT GET THEM ALL CLEANED OUT BEFORE THE OTHER GUY GETS THERE.

GOOD LUCK.
    PROSPECTORMIKEL

....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.

REALLY, I'M NOT SHOUTING. I HAVE A VISUAL PERCEPTION PROBLEM, AND TYPING IN ALL CAPS HELPS ME TO PROOF READ WHAT I TYPE. IF I EVER NEED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I'LL MAKE IT BOLD SO IT STANDS OUT. I MEAN NO HARM. #/;0)~

us
    Dec 2004
    NW Illinois
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbear
    I am soooooo glad I found this site. I already love all you guys! Prayers for all of you for being so free with info. Now if I can only find an area where nobody does this!
    Love to help a fellow treasure hunter! Where are you in Wisconisn? My fiance is from the Appleton area and I'm from the very NW IL area...headed back in Sep. Will sure miss Alaska no doubt!!

Happy Hunting!
    Ang
    Ang

us
    Dec 2004
    NW Illinois
    9 times

[quote=PROSPECTORMIKEL ]
    A GOOD TIME TO GET CULVERT GOLD IS WHILE A FEW INCHES OF WATER IS FLOWING THRU THEM. USE A CHIMNEY SWEEP TOOL TO BRUSH THE GOLD OUT INTO A CAPTURE BUCKET OR PAN. JUST DON'T GET ONE WITH COPPER BRUSHES. YOU WILL SPEND ALL OF YOUR CLEANUP TIME TRYING TO GET RID OF THE TINY PIECES OF COPPER. THEY MAKE THEM WITH FIBER BRISTLES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MATCH THE SIZE OF THE CULVERT, JUST RAKE THE BOTTOM AND LET THE WATER HELP MOVE THE GOLD (AND EVERYTHING ELSE) OUT.
    IF YOU GO WHEN THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER IS FLOWING YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT PUSHING THE GOLD UP STREAM.

GIVE IT A TRY. YOU MIGHT GET THEM ALL CLEANED OUT BEFORE THE OTHER GUY GETS THERE.

GOOD LUCK.
    PROSPECTORMIKEL

Excellent info Prospectormikel! I'll give it a try. I've yet to find my glory culvert but do need to get out and find one!
    Ang
    Ang

us
    Apr 2011
    Wisconsin
    1 times

About 20 miles from the Dells. Gonna start sluicin a bit locally soon.

us
    Dec 2004
    NW Illinois
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbear
    About 20 miles from the Dells. Gonna start sluicin a bit locally soon.
    Nice, I'm from Galena and will be moving home this fall, I was hoping I could still use my sluice for somthing up there, I didnt' want to sell it! Good luck
    Ang

ca
    Sep 2010
    1 times

I've always wondered if a short piece of spiral culvert could be used as a reverse helix concentrator. Possibly the grooves might be too big.
    Bob
    Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach him to use the Internet and he won't bother you for weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links