Anyone got a "Building a sluice, no heat required" design?

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Re: Anyone got a "Building a sluice, no heat required" design?

Hi there, You could make one out of ply wood

JW

UINTAEXPLORER

Apr 21, 2010
HIGH UINTA MTNS,UTAH

alpha105 said:
I'm intrested in building one....i know theres not much here....but every bit counts.
Hey there, my partner builds em out of ply wood and scrap he finds here and there. lines the bottom
with v groove rubber another with miners moss and steel lathing just like the pro boxs this way he can hide
them on site and not have to carry them up.he just removes the moss riffles steel lathin etc and hides the boxs.
he uses two 4 and a half footers one a little narrower than the other so they fit together it works well...just put
ALOT of thomsons water seal on every thing .he uses the same dimensions as a keene a52 some times alittle bigger... good luck

Attachments

• DSCF0215.JPG
    DSCF0215.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 502
OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would of course prefer to use a metal one, but if im building it i would have to say, as i dont have the proper supplies for bending the metal i may have to settle on making a wooden one such as shown in the pic 2 post above mine. Still in debate of what i plan on doing though im working on contacting another posted about ones they have made.

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was thinking something along those lines, i just dont feel too confident in my ability to do so many bends individually.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006

The reality is that a wooden one is going to be the easiest & cheapest for you to make. It will be a bit heavier to cart around. Especially when you have used it & it soaks up a bit of water. If you prefer a metal one then you either pay the price to buy one or just get the basic box "U" channel bent up & make your own wooden riffles like I did with my first ever box that I made. This one was 4 foot long by 12" wide.

jSpotX5.jpg

Good luck

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread