GPAA worth it in CO?

angermd

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,
I was thinking about joining the GPAA. I've been reading some of the posts about others who really like being a member. But, before I join, I would like to know if anyone knows if there are good claims in CO, specifically in clear creek county, gilpin county, denver county, or the surrounding areas. I like to get out on the weekends but can't go too far from Denver. Thanks in advance!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am a life member in GPAA and I work claims all over the USA. It is a great organization. Their mining guide looks like a telephone book. I looked up Clear Creek Co. It lists the south west slopes of the Silver Mt. just west of Empire, Lions Creek below Silver Mt. , plus Chicago and clear creeks, near Idaho springs as being good placer gold areas. It lists a 60ac. claim near Idaho Springs on Soda Creek Rd. Hope this helps you!

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
AngerMD,

I keep up my GPAA membership because of claims on the Arkansas, If I lived in CO I would join up with CO prospectors, Dan S, is a great guy. You might check out his web site. There are a couple locations the BLM have set aside, one location is Cache Creek, west of Granite. You might want to look into that.. If you are on the front range, I here Clear Creek in the city is a good place to find a few specks of color.

If you head north around the 1st of July, Dredging season opens on Douglas Creek in MBNF in Wyoming..

I don't post here very often, generally on my own site, nebraskagoldprospectors.org or on Colorado Prospector, or GoldDredger.com/forum

Treasure net tends to be Metal detectorists.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i agree 100% with Nebraskadad! www.coloradoprospector.com is a very good site for those in Colorado and for all people wanting info! Dan S. (Mr.CP) and his wife Denise have been there helping people with legal info and claim info. they have a club and they do all the leg work in finding open locations for members to access. yes, their club costs to join, but when you look at what your getting, its a great deal! if i lived closer, id join!im GPAA for going on 15 years now,and ive been to most of the Colorado sites. yep theres bigger gold most everywhere,but not any of the beautifull sceanery. give the Coloradoprospectors a lookie see!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions