Making a Miller Table

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Sackett, Post a photo when you have the finished product. Like to know how it turns out for ya.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of black sands also I recovered and thought of building something like that but putting a shaker to the table to separate the gold and silver out. One area right down the road from me on the beach i found while metal detecting the black sands are loaded with silver and some gold but mainly silver. I took about a third of a coffee can to sample and pan out and figured with a shaker table it could become profitable

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been kicking around making a miller/vibrating table and covering it with activated carbon cloth/fabric. Gold is attracted to and given enough time will attach to activated carbon.

One of these days I'll make it but who knows when?

OP
OP
Sackett

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20130107_105829.jpg Ok guys so I realize that it has been almost 2 years since I started this threrad, but I've just not found exactly what I was looking for until 2 weeks ago. So now I've almost finished my Miller Table. It is made from from a 1" thick peice of pool table slate, 16 3/4" wide by 36" long. and heavy!! It had a few surface scratches on it so I painted it with chalk board paint, 2 coats. I plan to put this slate top on a table and the end over a barrel of water with a 12 volt pump recirrulating water,then at the rear of the table I will put a board under the slate top to get me the angle I want, for example I can put a 3" block or 2" block for less slope or 4" for more slope, but changing the slope/angle will be fast and easy! I hope to have water and cons on it tomorrow!! will let you know how it works and post pictures

OP
OP
Sackett

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20130107_105844.jpg
The picture of the water dam that somehow I didn't get on first post....So it took me 2 years but I found what I wanted and can get plenty of it,,,,I think that I can come up with a peice about 4'x4'....If so I'd like to make something from that,,,,maybe with a viberation????/any ideas let me know....thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
wow, a 1 inch thick peice of slate! mine was a 3/8 inch thick and i thought it was heavy!!! yours ought to work just fine.just remeber to run only screened material on it.and keep the water flow low and smoooooth and dont feed it fast and itll save you a lot of work and money! i think thats one peice of equipment youll be leaving at home for your finnal cleanup! it looks good!

glot

Greenie
Sep 8, 2014
Rockhampton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Building one now. Using an old solar PV panel. Flat and true with a good frame around it and light.

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldie but goodie.

I priced out the materials from Home Depot to build my own table last week. When I was up to $80 and not yet done assembling the materials I decided to spend a bit more on an already built product. If you have part of the required materials already it would be a great little project and you'll save money.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oldie but goodie.
I priced out the materials from Home Depot to build my own table last week. When I was up to $80 and not yet done assembling the materials I decided to spend a bit more on an already built product. If you have part of the required materials already it would be a great little project and you'll save money.

You can build the Miller tale AzViper posted using Easy Liner shelf liner for about half your $80.http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/400309-making-miller-table-using-rubber-mat-surface.html

Last edited:

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Budget Build

Here is my DIY water table, a total investment of $12.00, I had parts left over from a gutter sluice project, the metal was scavenged from the local gas station, it's a scrap piece from their new canopy.

100_4661_zps7413c432.jpg

100_4671_zps15950db5.jpg

100_4680_zpse598998a.jpg

DSC00597_zps439583a1.jpg

DSC00607_zps5267cd44.jpg

DSC00609_zps907d845b.jpg

100_5012_zps949caf66.jpg

100_5028_zps855ac6c7.jpg

100_5032_zps3d248ae6.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my DIY water table, a total investment of $12.00, I had parts left over from a gutter sluice project, the metal was scavenged from the local gas station, it's a scrap piece from their new canopy.

Very cool!

I like the way you use the overflow from the water feed trough to feed the sluice, makes for a nice smooth flow.
Looks to me that you have enough sluice there to make another miller table if you wanted.

Nice build and should do a good job.:icon_thumleft:

I'm in the process of re-doing my portable table by adding smooth mat to the sluice over the painted surface. My sluice is aluminum and it doesn't take much to put a scratch in the paint.

GG~

Last edited:

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

This was my first water table build, after watching some videos to examine retail products and DIY projects I decided on engineering my own.

IMHO pooling up water and overflowing it on a nice crisp edge is far easier than trying to eliminate turbulence from a typical spray bar system.

I could have made two tables or... I could just make one really long one lol! :headbang:

No really I just didn't have the heart to cut it in half lol! I may regret cutting it down, yet will never regret not doing it. I do want to add some folding adjustable legs eventually.

Try priming the aluminum with rim paint or galvanized primer and thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread