New Drop Riffle Power sluice

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90 % finished i need to add some punchplate for the secondary classification screen to dump its over size on everything under 3/4 inch drps through the grizzly and is washed over a 1/4 screen, all the under 1/4 inch gets slurried and heads down the riffles. All material over 1/4 inch runs down the screen to the punch plate and drops into the sluice several riffles down so the fines have the whole slickplate and several riffles all to themselves.Surprisingly light, sturdy and inexpensive.Will be run by a 1.5 water pump that I just got and is sitting in its box waiting for oil and gas.I used conduit and conduit connectors to make the adjustable legs, changed the set screws and they work great.The frame is a prototype really I want an all metal one but, this one will do for now.Will post more pics upon completion and of field run next Tuesday....Wish I had a Garage instead of a front porch as a shop...once painted and the spraybar is attached it will look alot sharper,i need to make a side frame for the 1/4 screen to make sure no random rocks make it through the side and into the fine recovery area.

Attachments

• hibanker 004.jpg
    hibanker 004.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • hibanker 001.jpg
    hibanker 001.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 889
  • hibanker 002.jpg
    hibanker 002.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 851
  • hibanker 004.jpg
    hibanker 004.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 822
  • hibanker 004.jpg
    hibanker 004.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 819
  • hibanker 005.jpg
    hibanker 005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 843
  • hibanker 003.jpg
    hibanker 003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 810
  • hibanker 006.jpg
    hibanker 006.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 846
  • hibanker 007.jpg
    hibanker 007.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 816
  • hibanker 008.jpg
    hibanker 008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 828
  • hibanker 009.jpg
    hibanker 009.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 858
  • hibanker 010.jpg
    hibanker 010.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 799

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
That looks sweet man. Ought to work good. I plan on building a combination drop riffle and fluidized bed highbanker one of these days.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did a great job on this. You will catch some nice Gold in this.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astro, ive thought of putting a fluid-bed final trap at the end. Im gonna go to a creek where i know ill get gold and there are some stretches of old creek ,that are cut off from flow due to flood control ditches that were cut in with dozers. Ive wanted to run a banker there for a while.and its close to a road so i wont have to go to far to see how she does.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter,
That looks great and I think much of it comes apart/goes back together quickly for transporting and cleaning. I would love to see it working, any chance of a video? See you on the 29th in SacTown.............63bkpkr

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Looks good pville!!!

I was looking at my Keene A52 conversion HB the other day & came up with an idea... Between the Keene HB hopper & it's extension, the sluice run on mine must be near 60". With just a little gringing on the sides where it will slide into the A52 hopper I can take my Angus McKirk Explorer & slide it in the Keene resting on top of the A52 sluices sides. It would dump into the last 2' or so of the Keene sluice. I need to try & get them side by side tonight. Might be an interesting match. Maybe pull it out when I put it in 2.5" dredge mode.
Now you also have me thinking about some type of small header box I can build just for the Explorer to use with my little WX15 for hike in prospecting highbanking. The A52 & Keene hopper is just too bulky for prospecting.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Instead of a regular hopper you might consider one that looks like a sluice with no riffles and the spraybar half way down pointing up toward the top and a grizzly at the bottom where it hinges with the top of the sluice box. When packing the top will fold down on the sluice. sort of like the Excalibur that Angus MacKirk makes. With the spraybar 1/2 way down pointing up the material stays longer for a better wash job. I made one years ago with my keene A52 sluice and now have the Excalibur highbanker with my own spraybar and it works great. Doug.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug, I've thought about getting another sluice, like the one i have and trying a sorta piggy back scissor joint set up, like a gold buddy or that new abs one where its not like a hopper but a pre sluice wash area that has a grizz at the end and dumps into the second sluice goin the other way,and could sit in each other for transport.63pkr as mine is now its light,havnt weighed it but its about as light as i can get for a whole sluice/hopper/stand combo its light but, strong plastic and light wood and metal legs, wich im gonna put full length wooden dowels in for strength. as of now the hopper to sluice connection is semi permanant until i decide on another config. that will allow me to have a good sealed connection and be strong considering the weight of the feed area and the banging it could recieve.Video ;D Dude, I dont know if your working on the 29th pre meeting but, that day is test day...........and Placerville(if not washed away) is barely an hour from Sacramento.......so I'll be shoveling by myself and seeing how she does and your more than Welcome to stand there and watch :headbang:..P.M. me if you wnat to meet up would be a cool day Mining in the Morn and Fightin for our rights that night.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Looking good pville. I like the set up. Remember to change the oil in the pump after a couple hours of running. Tuesday is not looking good but I'll keep you posted. When are you going out?

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Yep looks good. You must have a place with good easy access (driveable) to a creek or river. I would hate to have to carry it in any great distance. How much does it weigh?

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sluice and Hopper cant be fifteen pounds, the sluice alone barely weighs five.It is one piece right now wich might be awkward, but it also looks bigger in pictures than it really is. The frame is very light and packable, spraybar folds and is to be packable as well. I do have a few places i can drive to... and if anyone wants to go hibanking has a spot in the motherlode and wants to help me carry some stuff on a Monday or Tuesday.......hit me up lol........ :laughing9: :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread