A Recirculating Sluice

latnem

Greenie
Nov 18, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depending on the type of material you are running it appears anything that floats would run right over to your waterpump. Can't see if you already have one but you may want to add a screen to that white pipe. Otherwise looks great!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup..... you definitely need to make a head box to smooth out that water flow........ get rid of the cavitation.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
he has a screen in the bucket. one thing id do is move your spray bar down to the flair surface and install valves to limit your water flow .yep stopping the cavitation/white water will definatly help improve your fine gold retention. but its a recirculator system and you can always rerun your material ata different angle and lower the water pressure to capture that finer gold. but its working for you,soooo!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dealing with concentrates is tedious enough........ why do it more than nessessary?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would also recommend he incorporate a fluid bed recover system into his sluice.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
Put a plate behind your spray bar on the flair so you can turn your spray bar backwards to smooth out your water flow into the sluice. A very simple fix, looks good so far..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread