XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To heck with all these feel bad threads. Show the board, you gold, silver, artifacts, cool rocks ect..... or just your latest...:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft: This is our latest find from a tailings pile in the motherload, 1/2 gram in quartz...

That be a nice piece Oakview . Me like . :icon_thumright:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 665986 View attachment 665988 First pic, 13.5 ounce quartz cobble, about 7/8th size baseball, specific gravity test
shows about 3.25 ounces gold - found in loose overburden 2 feet down from surface while dredging with Keene 4 inch. Spotted it before it entered suction nozzle, or it would probably rolled right on through due to amount of quartz. Second pic - after spotting a 2 dwt "baker" lodged in a large vertical pressure
crevice, we spent a month trying to reach bedrock. Water was 2 feet deep, then 8 feet of large loose cobbles and boulders up to a thousand lbs. When
we finally hit bedrock there was the gold, laying in a little trough parallel with the current. it took about 3 days to advance a foot on bedrock due to big and unstable boulders trying to slide into the hole. The gold ran out in ten feet but it was sure fun while it lasted! Pic is a portion of my share.

Nice stuff . :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That be a nice piece Oakview . Me like . :icon_thumright:

Even a blind pig finds a acorn every once in a while. Going back this weekend and hoping to get a day and a half run in... Nothing compared to the specimens you continue to coax out of the ground:notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FUN FUN FUN is my life mandate-John

Attachments

• clear creek (2).jpg
    clear creek (2).jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 537
  • 05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 489
  • just hangin.jpg
    just hangin.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 346
  • screamin ride....jpg
    screamin ride....jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 317

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st pic, now that's what separates a placer miner from "recreational prospecting"! was that a daily cleanout or weekly? Hah.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 full day on a great paystreak on Clear Creek kalif. Pounds left but no dredging. Other Ruck a Chucky rapids but no dredgn' no mo'. Knotts Berry farm fun with gkids and kids yahoo party time and what a great fun maniacal adreneline filled time....John ... added pic of 1,860 foot climb in/out everyday-see cliffs in back of my lil'ol'6" triple with 18hp ic briggs. Tried 5 helpers that summer and none made it even 4 times hahaha some even chickened out prior to the 1st try cluck cluck

Attachments

• 3-1-2009 11;43;59 am.jpg
    3-1-2009 11;43;59 am.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 390

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool pics John!
Sad thing is,your great grandkids will look at that second picture and say,"Why was Pappa John so happy holding them box's of rocks"?:BangHead:

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser

You delivered some great pics,but your greatest treasure is a family that supports your fever. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen Oak--feeding 4 kids and spoling gkids has helped me pull through lean times and PARTY like a mad dog in good times. Now end times...but still mining. I have 100s a pix and just a few,SF American 2 day cleanup-John

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 363

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser yer a tough act to follow but I'll give it my best here.
After just about 5 years of detecting in the great state of Arizona I got "lucky" and swung my minelab over this 2.49 ounce beauty. It holds just under 2 ozs. of ol yeller in it.
When I first got it out of the earth from about 16 to 18 inches deep it was covered with dirt an not recognizable until I caught a glimpse of yeller on it then I popped it in my mouth because I didn't have any water with me to clean it off an get a better look at it. Well it looked like an upper denture with 2 vampire fangs so we aptly named it the Vampire Nugget.
Hope yall enjoy the pics as much as I do.
Hapy Huntn everyone.
My biggest single find so far detecting for Ol Yeller. frank&terry 006.JPG frank&terry 007.JPG TERI'S VACATION 019.jpg TERI'S VACATION 020.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser

Please feel free to show as many of those pics as you care to, it serves as a inspiration to what can be found with hard work, know how, and dogged determination. PS..... Nice piece Frank, very unusual shape. My son won this nugget in a raffle and we call it the Miami Dolphins nuggett.

Attachments

• Gold003.JPG
    Gold003.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 293
  • Gold004.JPG
    Gold004.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 298

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All great pics to see! Any pics of hiking in with equipment? or winching operations?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love'm all Frank,no matter how big or small,placer,hardrock,dredged,hibanked or detected as all gifts from a much higher source and thanx thanx thanx any and all as NEVER saw 2 nuggets alike....and it was gooooooooooooooood-John

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey hoser , show 'em the letrap ! that is an awesome pic .

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is my only sluice find so far, I loaned my Bazooka out to the local mine shop to test out to see if they want to carry them.
I only used it once with 1 bucket full. :)

One bucket full from cleaning out a couple deep cracks and a chunk of dead grass that was growing in it, reduced nicely.

Here is my best single sniping find except for my nugget.

My nugget is at the end of this video. I found this on my 2nd day. :)

So much fun. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread