Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rockin' Gold Grabber

Looking for reviews on the Rockin' Gold Grabber.
Can't find but one person that owns one and he hasn't even taken it out of the box yet.
Anyone?
rockin gold grabber.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a video you can check out.

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I viewed the video previously but can only find one customer who has one and not used it yet.
Guess all the owners don't have internet access???
Oh well, gonna order one up regardless and post my own review.

Bob

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That or, maybe nobody wanted to spend that much on a glorified rocker box? Seems like a lot of money for a rocker with a hand pump. JMO

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it works and finds ya gold and you enjoy the time you had then what does it matter? :D
It looks well made and fairly light, that in itself makes it better than a standard home made heavy wooden rocker box.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it works and finds ya gold and you enjoy the time you had then what does it matter? :D
It looks well made and fairly light, that in itself makes it better than a standard home made heavy wooden rocker box.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
Saw the rocker box at gold dredge builders. I went with the mini gold grabber. Easier to pack in. Then got a little 12 volt bilge pump. All I do now is set up and shovel.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not one to part with cash lightly.

I'd be inclined to surf utube on rocker boxes and sluice setups and investigate manual boat bilge pumps.

But sometimes there's a product that fits the niche you have very well, and it's quite simpler to pay someone.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underburden,
You have an absolutely beautiful little stream you are working in, great pictures! You commented about a lot of black sand - I own a Batpan gold pan and it came with strips of rare earth magnets glued to the outside walls of the pan. These magnets cause the black sand to cling to the inner walls of the pan and I find it really helps early on in the panning process as all the magnetic black sands are no longer mixed into the dirt and heavies I am panning. [batpan.com]

Thank you for the review of the rocker box........63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolute worst recovery possible is rocker boxes as not continuous flow,requires massive labor to slosh water back and forth AND then you must also try to shovel,slosh and rock all at the same time YUCK.. Not only must you shovel gravels but now haul heavy water also. Nice creek--simply plop down a sluice box at 1/3 the cost and shovel till your hearts content and 1/4 the work with 4 times the production and 10X the recovery. DO NOT WORK HARDER-JUST SMARTER-John :occasion14:

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the YouTube vid about the Gold Grabber Rocker Box. I know some folks who have one and they love it. I didn't have enough cash on hand to go buy one (actually, I didn't want to have to ask my wife about it) so, I thought I would build one. Here's my first stab at it.

001.JPG

The underside: I cut an old 6' dredge sluice that I had down to 28". I cut two pieces of 1" aluminum stock to 14" and shaped them into a "rocker" by bending them around a 1gal paint can. Drilled holes in the middle of each rocker and added some stabilizing pins for the rocker supports.

002.JPG

Frame: Just and old frame that I had. Added the rocker box supports and holes for the pins to sit in. The top bracket is elevated 3.5" to add a slope to the box.

003.JPG

The unfinished product: I still need to add the hand pump, bracket, piping and linkage. Then I'll add the 1/4" classifier in top of the header box. I'm using Miner's Moss and Vortex matting under expanded metal for the sluicing bed. To hold it all in place, I have modified an old riffle system that will be held in place by a nut and bolt assembly. Then, its off to the paint shop for a fresh coat of paint...and then a field trial.

I'll post a vid and some pics of the finished product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IdahoJake
I've maxed out my broadband limit so I don't dare try to download the vid. Any way you can post some still photos or email them to me?
bedrockbob50 AT yahoo.com

Bob

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IdahoJake
I've maxed out my broadband limit so I don't dare try to download the vid. Any way you can post some still photos or email them to me?
bedrockbob50 AT yahoo.com

Bob

Hey Bob! I edited the post and added some pics. Its not much to look at yet...but the price is right and I'm having a lot of fun building it.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one but it's in ruff shape.. It's actually a cool little device, works well but the shape of the base piece is so awkward there is no good way to carry it around. I got about a dozen sessions in before the diaphragm on the pump blew out..... Disappointed in that since I stored it out of the sun, so that's just bad design/quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread