Keene KA52P Sluice

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The A52p was discontinued because of poor design. They wanted easy shipping in a small package and built a pos that could not be taken back apart without breaking.

Go with Gold Hog mat

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks dredgeman i appreciate the heads up. I'll continue looking.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Take a look at a drop riffle design like Angus Mackirk or Le Trap...faster, lighter and easier to run efficiently.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, I've been looking at Angus Mackirk and will probably end up ordering one of theirs.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good call, I have the AM Expedition and love it

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Kevin, any idea who has the best price/shipping time for AM sluices? I think the AM website said 6-8 weeks and I really don't want to wait that long. Ken

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, good question. I got mine from Gold-n-detectors here in Golden CO. Will you be in metro Denver anytime soon? Buying from them meant I paid the same price as buying direct but without any shipping charge. Alternatively you could call them to see what they have in stock and ask about shipping to you...or buy one and have them hold it for you until you visit for other reasons :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a great option Doug!

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got my AM from Big Valley Metal Detectors. Larry is a really good guy,paid the as as direct +shipping,ordered on a Monday and it was at my house Thursday!

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just got off the phone with Larry and ordered the AM Recon. He had it in stock and will ship it out today. Same price as direct plus shipping. Great to deal with and look forward to trying it out when the weather breaks. Thanks for all the help and input guys. My wife and I look forward to our new adventures into panning/sluicing of gold. I've been metal detecting for nearly 40 years and this will be a great addition.

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They do but I try to support small business as often as possible. Especially with people like Larry who give you their personal attention rather than you just being a customer #....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions