Steves new sluice

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a motorless area that is constantly patrolled by the usfs
So Steve built this one for his use.
Stream sluice with the final design has GH Bedrock under the 1/8" grizzly. fluid banker 005.JPG

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sweeeet

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With 37 posts and my first time 'wording' to you , welcome dredgeman to Tnet!

Ok, like Pville spent Sooo Much Time saying, he's very talkative, that is one Awesome Looking Sluice!! Would you be so kind to share a few more pictures with us AS I for one do not understand what I'm looking at. However, do not do this if it will give away some design work you wish to use to offer for sale. Some of the New Ideas shown here on Tnet should be commercialized and therefore protected. It looks so cool or Sweeeet..........................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one strange lookn' contraption fer sure-no riffles or matting of any kind showing and all gold over 1/8" goes off in the trash it looks like???? Mo'Pics??John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look close fellas its an over/under.....in stream classifier over a drop riffle sluice....looks like a winner to me... i would like one.I bet it would be awesome for river bar flood gold in material that doesn't contain to much clay and organics.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your classifying to 1/2 to 3/8 it should work nicely....one nugget trap would calm some guys nerves ...but a piece bigger than an 1/8 inch doesnt move all that fast, I wouldn't shovel onto it though.

OP
OP
D

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area Steve is using this sluice has only flake and fine gold. But when we could dredge two guys with a 4" triple were taking 22 oz a weekend out. for a total of 160 ounces before the ban. There is another 100 oz on the claims, but we have been fighting with a ranger who thinks it is critical habitat. fluid banker 001.JPG misc pics 746.jpg

OP
OP
D

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I use has a 1/4" screen and a shorter sluice.

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty sweet! Did you have the plastic moulded for you or are you able to purchase it with the triangle deflector as is? Shoot some video when you have it running in the field. I'd love to see it in action. Really nice build!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh dredgeman, I don't know if I would waste my time on one little ole pan a gold like that and its all small stuff, nothing big. I'd suggest moving on to a better site. By the way, where is your old site at now that you are moving on?..............63bkpkr

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area Steve is using this sluice has only flake and fine gold. But when we could dredge two guys with a 4" triple were taking 22 oz a weekend out. for a total of 160 ounces before the ban. There is another 100 oz on the claims, but we have been fighting with a ranger who thinks it is critical habitat. View attachment 805018 View attachment 805019

Unique design you got there. As Joshf has put a link to the manufacturer's website. It's a "Undercurrent River G sluice box". Anyone else used this type of sluice?

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I realize this thread is 2 years old but I like the fact that larger rocks fall off the top and won't tumble down through the riffle tray and I see no reason a person couldn't take that 1/8" screen off and replace it with a larger 1/4" or 3/8" or 1/2" one if he wanted to. Only looks like pop riveted on. With a larger size screen, depending on the size of gold in the area you prospect, a person would be able to shovel without classifying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread