new bazooka super mini

Lefty2u

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my new super mini last Thursday. I finally got to go out and
try it out. I processed 5 five gallon buckets of dirt today. Actually
the buckets were 3/4 full any more than that and they are to heavy.
I did not get a lot of gold only about 15 very small pieces. But the
area I worked doesn't have a lot of gold. I was using a 1/2 screen
to screen my material, and then putting it through the mini. I
did have to keep cleaning material of the metal bars. I am
wondering if I should put a 1/4 inch screen on the bars. It was not
a big problem to clean the bars off but I had to do it after every
scoop.

Lefty2u

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I think a smaller classifier will help you in your situation. The nugget will just sit there anyway gleaming at you to pick them out, if they show up at all. The fine gold wont have a problem either! Good luck. Git the gold!

Meep

Oct 30, 2013
San Diego
Using the bazooka super mini a good handful of times now, screening to 1/2 is working out best for me. Anything smaller and i start feeling like I picked the wrong sluice. Feed slower and the rocks would clear but, after some hesitation, I attached a screen to mine. Less picking at rocks in the grizzlies, seems to clear a little slower but I dont have to do it by hand as much.

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always the eternal skeptic, it's not made of wood or metal and it seems a bit backward to what I am used to.
Yet, you got results. others get the same and then some. someday I will have to meet up with this devil of dirt and stream.

This damn contraption robs me of my sleep and makes me irritable to my neighbors, friends and family.
Kevin even bugs me, but tons of folks like him and its not just because he is clean shaven.
That crazy kid is on to something, but I just can't figure out his angle.
I've gotta get my hands on one of these "Zookas"

I just need to think of a good ALIAS to infiltrate the masses.

What do you do if you find out it's true?

How do you admit you stand corrected?

Ah, what if there is a defect in the product?

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always the eternal skeptic, it's not made of wood or metal and it seems a bit backward to what I am used to.
Yet, you got results. others get the same and then some. someday I will have to meet up with this devil of dirt and stream.

This damn contraption robs me of my sleep and makes me irritable to my neighbors, friends and family.
Kevin even bugs me, but tons of folks like him and its not just because he is clean shaven.
That crazy kid is on to something, but I just can't figure out his angle.
I've gotta get my hands on one of these "Zookas"

I just need to think of a good ALIAS to infiltrate the masses.

What do you do if you find out it's true?

How do you admit you stand corrected?

Ah, what if there is a defect in the product?

.......Trust the force, Grasshopper :icon_thumright:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my new super mini last Thursday. I finally got to go out and
try it out. I processed 5 five gallon buckets of dirt today. Actually
the buckets were 3/4 full any more than that and they are to heavy.
I did not get a lot of gold only about 15 very small pieces. But the
area I worked doesn't have a lot of gold. I was using a 1/2 screen
to screen my material, and then putting it through the mini. I
did have to keep cleaning material of the metal bars. I am
wondering if I should put a 1/4 inch screen on the bars. It was not
a big problem to clean the bars off but I had to do it after every
scoop.

Lefty2u

Very smart on the buckets! You can always start filling them up by the sluice, ending up with just one bucket that is 2/3 full :)
I've noticed that the faster the water, and the better the angle, means the less you will be hand classifying that grizzly. (I use a small screwdriver I bent into a U on the tip for plucking rocks off the grizzlies instead of trying to get them by hand which sometimes sends them into the trap)
Try it with the 5 Degree that the guide suggests, (If I recall its still around an inch per foot, someone else may want to chime in that diddn't go to public schools with the right answer though hahaha!!!

http://www.bazookagoldtrap.com/content/BazookaInstructions.pdf

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the link to the pdf file Prospector70 :icon_thumleft:
First I'd seen it. Good info!

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would add to their instructions one thing...
You can clean out the tubes by back flushing them. To do this, plunge the empty sluice into a bucket of clean stream water, trap end first. You'll see the water flow back up thru the tubes. Then just give it a good hard shake and tip the sluice over to dump out that water in the scoop. I do this each time I use my Bazooka to avoid having material dry in the tubes.

rwbbts

Greenie
Dec 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY,, JUST GOT MY BAZOOKA PROSPECTOR AND CANT WAIT TO TRY IT, BUT ALL THE CREEKS AROUNF HERE ARE FROZEN OVER..
I DONT MIND THE COLD, but hard to run ice thru the trap

waiting waiting waiting !!!

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
If I get one I would first use the 1/2" Angus Mackirk bucket classifier then add a -4 screen on the grizzly. I think that would take care of the jamming problem.

Randy

bearclaw

Greenie
Oct 7, 2013
Grass Valley, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my Super Mini out a few times and love it! Last time out I had the second best day of my career.

To clean out my grizzlies I use a crevice tool like the one pictured. Its long enough that I don't have to bend over too far. Combined with feeding the sluice with a shovel I can do the whole thing standing up and save my back. The crevice tool can get behind those rocks easily and pop them right out or I can just brush most of the rocks out using the hook part flat against the grizzlies.

crevice-small-500x500.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool tool...did you make it or buy it? If made, what did you start with and how did you make it?...if bought, do tell where and what it's called!

bearclaw

Greenie
Oct 7, 2013
Grass Valley, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought it from Pioneer Mining Supplies in Auburn, CA. They also have them available online here listed as a Crevice Tool:

Prospecting and Rockhounding Tools

They have them in two different sizes, the one I use is the smaller size. Its a little bit thinner so it fits into more places but at some point I might pick up the bigger size as well. This is not some flimsy metal either, this is good hard metal. I have used it to heavily as a crevice tool and it takes any punishment I have thrown at it. I have been surprised out how well it has held up. The pick end works great for scraping off bedrock on its side and cuts clay up pretty nicely as well. The little scoop is handy as well. This tool is definitely a VIP piece of gear for me and I don't prospect without it!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got mine there too! My favorite tool. Paid itself off many times!

OP
OP
L

Lefty2u

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out again today with my super mini. I put a 1/4 inch screen over the grizzly.
It slowed down the dirt and it took longer to process a full bucket of material. I took the
screen back off. I finished the rest of the day without it. I bent a screwdriver like Prospector70
said and used it to clean rocks off the grizzly. The bent screwdriver worked really well.

Lefty2u

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out again today with my super mini. I put a 1/4 inch screen over the grizzly.
It slowed down the dirt and it took longer to process a full bucket of material. I took the
screen back off. I finished the rest of the day without it. I bent a screwdriver like Prospector70
said and used it to clean rocks off the grizzly. The bent screwdriver worked really well.

Lefty2u

That was my experience with the screen as well. It seemed a lot harder to clean the little root materials off too. It also depends where you are working, if you have a ton of really flat rocks you probably want the screen on.

twistedheat

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone with a mini having problems with a bunch of pepples clogging up the gold box? depending on the material im running, it just gets packed inside the box and im worried i ts not letting the gold get in there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread