Todays trip and a question

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody well finally had a day off from work and school so decided to go and run the sluice for a little while got my personal best flake so far and some other smaller ones but my question for everybody is, is it okay to let the sluice sit without material being fed into it while you are digging the next bucket? Thanks for any and all advice

Attachments

• image-2619265770.jpg
    image-2619265770.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 112

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't hurt it unless a big branch washed downstream.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need more buckets :) (Bring 4, they're light, I run my shovel handle up the bucket handles all facing the same way, they slide right down and the shovel holds em in place)
Set up sluice / fill four buckets / run four buckets through sluice / clean-out

Repeat until you are sick of classifying, then get a bazooka gold trap. Then it looks like this:
Set up sluice / shovel until you think you hurt yourself / clean-out / shovel until you really hurt yourself / clean-out / drag tired butt and gear back to car :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you need more buckets :) (Bring 4, they're light, I run my shovel handle up the bucket handles all facing the same way, they slide right down and the shovel holds em in place) Set up sluice / fill four buckets / run four buckets through sluice / clean-out Repeat until you are sick of classifying, then get a bazooka gold trap. Then it looks like this: Set up sluice / shovel until you think you hurt yourself / clean-out / shovel until you really hurt yourself / clean-out / drag tired butt and gear back to car :)
LoL yup! Gotta love the Bazooka for processing as much as you can dig!

For other sluices, it depends, some are fine to leave for a while others definitely not! Also some creeks where the flow varies will rob your sluice at times...until you get a Bazooka of course...can't rob a fluid bed :)

OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospector that sounds like a great idea to me! Thank for the advice I'm still at the point in my life where classifying material doesn't bother me to much but forking out the cash for a bazooka would defiantly hurt me

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prospector that sounds like a great idea to me! Thank for the advice I'm still at the point in my life where classifying material doesn't bother me to much but forking out the cash for a bazooka would defiantly hurt me
Fair enough. If you are running the riffles and mats sluice shown in your pic, then I would suggest putting a big rock in front of your sluice when you leave it unattended to reduce any risk of gold getting blown out while you are off getting more material.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fair enough. If you are running the riffles and mats sluice shown in your pic, then I would suggest putting a big rock in front of your sluice when you leave it unattended to reduce any risk of gold getting blown out while you are off getting more material.

That is some darn good advice.

OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the idea about the big rock sounds like it will work I will have to try that next time I get out thank you sir

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you need more buckets :) (Bring 4, they're light, I run my shovel handle up the bucket handles all facing the same way, they slide right down and the shovel holds em in place)
Set up sluice / fill four buckets / run four buckets through sluice / clean-out

Repeat until you are sick of classifying, then get a bazooka gold trap. Then it looks like this:
Set up sluice / shovel until you think you hurt yourself / clean-out / shovel until you really hurt yourself / clean-out / drag tired butt and gear back to car :)

Also add collect more gold in record time.....

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the idea about the big rock sounds like it will work I will have to try that next time I get out thank you sir
my pleasure :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread