A Prospectors Journal - Personal Thoughts Encouraged

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the American River today; Middle Fork. Got to cross the river a few times to prospect a little more than normal. Took the wife, she read her book, I worked until I burned Be well
win! Well done.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not much ...

image.jpg

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold is gold man! A lot of it is fantastic, a little bit is still gold!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in my mid numbers count id like to get to a point where I can clear 3 grams a day
I completely agree. Most trips I make, I tend to only bring home what I paid in gas

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I completely agree. Most trips I make, I tend to only bring home what I paid in gas
Two ways around that...find more gold per trip or make shorter trips (hit a gold bearing creek closer to home)...I'm lucky enough to have the latter as an option :) hope you do too!

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Two ways around that...find more gold per trip or make shorter trips (hit a gold bearing creek closer to home)...I'm lucky enough to have the latter as an option :) hope you do too!

I would have to look.. But hopefully both are viable options.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have to look.. But hopefully both are viable options.
yes, go look...some call that "prospecting" ;-)...test all the little creeks you can get into closer to home, you might be surprised as I was...in a good way I mean!

Last edited:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guess im lucky I can walk out my back door. And find gold. But if i need to buy gas. I would have to take out a loan. A few specks just won"t do it.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
..well..
Have been skunked three weeks running now..i decided to make a trip up to placerville to meet with some great guys and see what im doing wrong here..
Hopefully this upcoming week, I will have something to show..

--i am also moving this week...busy busy

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

In Georgia ita quite different we don't spend as much on gas, the most ive ever driven to get to the gold is maybe an hour($10 in gas for our car)
so we can actually make a little money, I hope to get to a point where gold prospecting is an effective part-time job for me

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Georgia ita quite different we don't spend as much on gas, the most ive ever driven to get to the gold is maybe an hour($10 in gas for our car) so we can actually make a little money, I hope to get to a point where gold prospecting is an effective part-time job for me

I hope you are prosperous in your venture. :)

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, send a PM to Jeff of Pa if you want your thread moved to the new journal thread!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread