Best bazooka for me?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I am a fan of vortex mat sluices it seems as if Doug Watson (of T-Net) has developed an even better solution to working with beach sand which involves the use of drop riffles combined with deep V mat.

I think he calls it the super concentrator beach box.
You may want to drop him a PM

Now back to your build.

What type pump are you planning on using?
Why did you choose 6" width?

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose the 6" width for two reasons one it is the size of the vortex may that Got (got it for free) and secondly beacuse I could get away with a smaller pump beacuse of the narrower box and I was planning in just using a 12 volt pump possibly a bile pump if I could find one with enough output think I will be purchasing the bazooka possibly this Friday!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with an 1100 gph bilge pump and use a valve to control the flow. Actually you could get away with using a 800 gph pump due to the narrow 6" width.
Vortex mat works best at a 15 degree angle (3" to the foot of drop) but the flow needs to be adjusted for best results. Too fast you loose gold, too slow and the pockets in the mat wont exchange material properly.

Welcome to the FBGT club (Fluid Bed Gold Trap) you are going to love your Bazooka :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're in a place with good gold and not stuck with fly poop like in the mid west and other places. The proline is a good sluice and you should compare the 2 when you get the bazooka. The proline is a production sluice that will handle 2 people shoveling directly into it easily and now you will have a Bazooka that will do the same thing... I wouldn't sell the Proline just yet if I was you. If you want a Bazooka I would stick with getting a 36" Prospector because you may want the extra length for better classification. Plus you could add 12" of vmat at the header for an instant gold check without limiting the box any.

OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I actually have decided to keep the proline. I just feel like I'm not setting it up right and I'm not exactly sure if I'm even digging in the rights spots yet. I always have a hard time feeding the proline because I think I'm over loading it I'm classifying to roughly 1/2 but I can classify to 1/8 and it still seems like it overloads unless I take time between Half of a clam shovel full of material It seems like it's not clearing itself enough still on the learning curve but I want the bazooka for the idea of no classifying the most!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can classify right on the proline by putting a piece of expanded metal over the hopper. Just shovel onto it and then knock the large cobbles off with it. I'm going to have to reload all of my YouTube videos one of these days since they changed their format and turned all of my .wmv's into some wide screen garbage... This video shows the screen that I use.

Kruzman

May 23, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sluice one spot that has a massive amount of black sand. I use a deep v variant on the upper half and drop riffles on The lower end. Cleanup when I take a break, the black sand just makes it more efficient.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I actually have decided to keep the proline. I just feel like I'm not setting it up right and I'm not exactly sure if I'm even digging in the rights spots yet. I always have a hard time feeding the proline because I think I'm over loading it I'm classifying to roughly 1/2 but I can classify to 1/8 and it still seems like it overloads unless I take time between Half of a clam shovel full of material It seems like it's not clearing itself enough still on the learning curve but I want the bazooka for the idea of no classifying the most!

Yeah!
#$%&. Classifying.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What he said ^^^^

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gunflintguy

Oct 4, 2013
Northern Mn
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Blue Bowl
Sluices: 36" Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper, Angus McKirk Recon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gun guy how long would you say it roughly takes you to run a 5 gallon bucket of unclassified materiel wondering how much slower it would really be compared to my proline and regarding the beach sands I'm in the middle of building a beach sluice and was just wondering if these would work or not I'm just doing a sluice with a 2 foot slick plate with 4 feet of vortex matting if it doesn't work I'm only out 20 bucks so o well

Sorry Sluicer, I haven't been around for the last 2 days. To answer your question, it takes me depending on the water velocity 20-25 minutes total. That includes filling the 5 gallon bucket first, walk about 30 feet to the Sniper and then empty it all. Some times I get some clay like material and that slows it down. Mind you I'm 63 and 60 to 70 lbs of material slows me down a bit. Your times may vary! The best part is the no classifying at all!!

The last time out I did 4 5 gallon buckets in about hour and 5 minutes and I was pushing it because the rain was coming.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospector will clear a 5 gal. bucket in one to two minutes, depending on the material.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or with fast water flow, as little as 30 seconds!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna say under a minute but I wanted to under promise and over deliver:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions