Got my 1st Nugget....

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was lucky enough to get out Saturday with fellow Tnet member Hangtowndiggins. What a Day ! Took me to a great spot, no grueling 2+ mile hike ! Dug in some great exposed bedrock.....Only concerning part was that his bazooka recovered a noticeable amount more fines ? :icon_scratch: No clue, have always thought my homemade fluid bed worked well, and I have recovered tons (well, grams) of AU with it ? That's probably another post tho.....That prospector keeps calling me....

BUT, it did work well enough to catch this fat little 1 Gram nug. ! :hello2:
I never would have thought. still speechless. You are The Man Hangtown, thank you so much.... technically, you did say there could be pickers there, I guess so ?? This made my Year of prospectin....may there be Many more like this one....

CAM00240.jpg

CAM00238.jpg

Still, what I got was chunky.....

CAM00223.jpg

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man so jealous! Is that the same property that HangTown posted pictures of on the other threads?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't prospect or sluice, but this got me excited!

Good find, well done :thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No duckwalk that is from a secret spot...that upstanding Argonauts are invited to once their backround check goes through.......Good job Alewis.....pickers are the reason classifying below 3/8 in California is a no go for me.....get that prospector man....you will be stoked....once again I NEED WEEKENDS OFF I miss all the good outings with you guys

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No duckwalk that is from a secret spot...that upstanding Argonauts are invited to once their backround check goes through.......Good job Alewis.....pickers are the reason classifying below 3/8 in California is a no go for me.....get that prospector man....you will be stoked....once again I NEED WEEKENDS OFF I miss all the good outings with you guys

Great friendships Begin on TN"!!!!!

With that said, I need to meet someone to go with. :)!

Great find! Drooling over it as we speak!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALewis great find. Heard it got stuck in the punch plate.

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALewis great find. Heard it got stuck in the punch plate.

Yep ! My first thought was, hey, that's a little color, wonder if I could get it into my snuffer ? I almost fell over when I reached in and I could grab it....

Was sorry that I could not make it back Sun to dig with you guy's, even more so after finding that guy....sounded like hangtown at least had a "decent" sunday :laughing7: , hope everyone else did as well.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go buddy! Gold piles up when you hang out with Hangtowndiggins!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diggin with you on Sunday would have been really cool but at least you left us your bag of beef jerky.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alewis thanks for the jerky and I think I have your gloves. Mojo and Hangtowndiggins thanks again guys!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made sure I had the Nugget in my pocket, Guess I spaced out on everything after that :laughing7:
Haha..sounds just like myself. I had left my sunglasses for 2 weeks; returning later prospecting to find them right where I put them

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alewis, BIG congrats on that beautiful one gram nug and pickers! Was great we both made those last minute plans happen, guess it all worked out that way for a reason? Too cool to think that one hole gave us both our best takes yet on two different days! Your certainly welcome anytime, thank you too as I had a awesome day digging with ya and was a pleasure to be a part of your exiting first nug and best days take so far:occasion14:

Last edited:

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice nugget!!! I would be so stoked to find that!!! The other gold looks great! I want to find a good place with bedrock ! I would like to meet up with some of you guys and learn some tricks and tactics from you experienced guys!

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great friendships Begin on TN"!!!!!

With that said, I need to meet someone to go with. :)!

Great find! Drooling over it as we speak!

GoldProspector, where are you located at? I'm trying to find some people to go with, as my current buddy is deploying Afghanistan.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoldProspector, where are you located at? I'm trying to find some people to go with, as my current buddy is deploying Afghanistan.
I live in the East sector of Sacramento. I travel to the north and middle fork of the American in Placer and Nevada county every week....
Im down to travel Anywhere near here; esp near abandonned placer settlements/mines

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a find! I'd say that's a sluicer's banner heheh <3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread