Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You would have been a shrewd bargainer in the Gold Rush........

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone from the Orange County, CA area headed up to the East Fork this weekend June 13-15? My new Bazooka Super Mini Sluice will be delivered tomorrow, Thur 6/12 but now I'm broke and can't afford the gas to get up there. LOL!!! I'd be willing to let you run your material through the bazooka and keep your own clean out cons for a ride up!
I'm getting sick of being stuck in KS. I sit here reading about all you folks finding gold. Looking at pickers and flakes in pans. Reading about sluices and hog matting and bazooka's. And now a girl wants to go sluicing if somebody will give her a ride. Heck, I'd even bring lunch.

I can't seem to get the head banging icon to show up but that's how I feel

signed

frustrated

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sell it all and move here.......

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Bazooka! :D

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh cheer up rob, im sure Todd Hoffman is looking to replace someone on his team. you could always join up with a scripted gold rush show and not get any gold!

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell it all and move here.......

I'm actually working in that direction. I'm getting the farm ready to sell. Then I'm going to work on my bucket list.
Top of the list is to go prospecting.

Maybe I'll get an RV and take a T-Net tour. More likely, it'll be a mini van and a pup tent :laughing7:

Maybe I'll go to the little creek near the house and pan some birdshot out of the dirt. Maybe that'll help calm the fever. Probably not.

Sherry, that is a tempting offer. But I don't have gas money either. I'd have to find 1/4 OZ to break even on that trip. It sure would be fun though. I hope you find a ride. We'll expect an update...with pictures.

Duckwalk, the older I get, the lower my BS threshold gets. I don't think I'd last too long there. HP-UX sure has been around for a while. I remember using it way back in the 80's.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh cheer up rob, im sure Todd Hoffman is looking to replace someone on his team. you could always join up with a scripted gold rush show and not get any gold!

Maybe no gold, but at least $1500 an episode!

Mike

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, sadly, I'm not getting any responses on getting a ride up to the EF... Looks like I'll have to go sit in the ditch beside the road and pan in the water from the city runoff sewer! LOL!!! Maybe I'll paint a few picker sized pebbles gold just to fool my son for kicks! LOL!!! I've been trying to get my husband to get an RV for about 8 years now and just go from place to place for 6 mo to 1 year at a time and find work wherever we are until we are ready to go on a new adventure again! I love moving and experiencing new places. Next...

Last edited:

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does sound like fun. With an RV, you have all the comforts and don't have the worries of a tent. The older I get, the less I want to sleep on the ground. Hmmm, mountains in the summer, desert in the winter. Prospect, treasure hunt, metal detect.

I keep telling the wife to hurry up and win that lottery. I'm not getting any younger!!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're just so dang far south. East fork is too far for me too. I can only make it to the local creek.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vagabond Treasure Hunting Lifestyle. I Like It. My wife won't buy into it either. Think how much gold, gems, metal detecting treasure and adventures a pair could have ........

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well sherry I can't make it this weekend. got the ranch work on Saturday and my truck is down for maintenance because I am headed to central Nevada for a month. leaving 6/20. why don't you try trabuco canyon. I have found color there not big or allot but still color. highdesertranger

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sherry when you finally get up there your probably gonna need to bring home a couple of fivers of paydirt and stash them away for just this kind of emergency......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread