New to sluicing w/Keene A52 have questions about Bazooka products and cleanup tools

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am searching for sluices to purchase as well and have given both the named sluices some thought. So what folks are saying is i can just dig some dirt out of the side of the creek and dump it straight into a bazooka, nothing else to it? And you cant with the A52?

Not necessarily out of the side of the creek (I'd get in trouble for that here in my urban prospecting heheh)

Yes. A bazooka gold Trap prospector will take a Full shovel of unclassified material, and leave only heavies in the fluid bed.
With a traditional sluice (Like a Keene) you have to classify to at least a 1/2 inch. Fill up 4 five gallon buckets of classified material, run them with a treasure scoop though the sluice, clean out and repeat.

While someone with a Keene style sluice is still trying to classify the first of their 5 gallon bucket you would have already washed 2 or 3 five gallon buckets worth of material through the Bazooka. I recommend the 48 incher. :)

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily out of the side of the creek (I'd get in trouble for that here in my urban prospecting heheh)

Yes. A bazooka gold Trap prospector will take a Full shovel of unclassified material, and leave only heavies in the fluid bed.
With a traditional sluice (Like a Keene) you have to classify to at least a 1/2 inch. Fill up 4 five gallon buckets of classified material, run them with a treasure scoop though the sluice, clean out and repeat.

While someone with a Keene style sluice is still trying to classify the first of their 5 gallon bucket you would have already washed 2 or 3 five gallon buckets worth of material through the Bazooka. I recommend the 48 incher. :)

I just watched some youtube videos of the bazooka in action, and my disbelief is misguided i suppose lol. Here is a fella digging straight from the bottom of a creek into the sluice. He did chunk out a few bigger rocks of course but nothing like having to classify.

I would of thought for sure it would clog up and not let much of nothing settle but super fine gold but it appears as if that is not the case. Well that certainly cuts out some of the classifying work i have been reading up on concerning the hobby.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He just needs more water is all, I've watched that video alot.

I like to run mine faster than that. I'm going in the morning to Montana City, I'll try to remember to get some video of the prospector in action.
(And maybe my Keene too if I can get a friend or two out with me)

Meanwhile, this is a good example. Look at old top run a hundred shovels (Whatever, hahah i'm not counting for real) while Jr. feeds much less into his traditional sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread