Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: w00t New (to me) Sluice box! Jobe Yellow Jacket 45 (Slight EZ Sluice bashing)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)

    w00t New (to me) Sluice box! Jobe Yellow Jacket 45 (Slight EZ Sluice bashing)

    Whelp my luck got better today.

    I picked up a very lightly used Jobe Yellow Jacket 45" Sluice box today for just $45 dollars!
    Yup, I would say that's not too darn bad considering they are like $120 new and I paid $65 for my TeeDee EZ Sluice w/flare new!

    What led me to start looking for a larger sluice is that the EZ Sluice was starting to piss me off just a little bit.
    The plastic riffles are hard to clip back in, they pop out very easily, they are warping permanently and I am worried that I am going to break either the riffles or the sluice itself from the force I have to use just to get them back in place.

    Yes my old trusty sampling and cleanup sluice is irritating me, a lot! The dang thing is not even a year old yet either.
    I also really enjoyed using the Keene A52 when I borrowed one from a friend.
    Here is the video I shot using the Keene A52



    So anyways I have been keeping my eyes open for good deals on larger, all metal sluice box's like the Keene A52 and the Yellow Jacket.
    Whelp the Yellow Jacket came up on Craigslist 3 days ago for $100, I wrote him today with a low ball offer of 1.5 grams of gold and informed him that he was asking almost retail for it.
    He then wrote back saying that he would rather have the cash value so we ended up at $45 dollars.

    I cant complain, its been a great week of deals.

    I bought my Honda GC190 6hp motor for $48 and then I got my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Ed for $185 ($300 new plus $30 more in extra mounts an SD Micro card) and now my sluice for $45 bux.

    I am hemorrhaging money but damn the deals are good.

    I am heading to the Miners Cache tomorrow to buy some Miners Moss to replace the carpet.

    Does anyone know where to buy dredge riffles for this sluice?


    Thanks for reading.

    -Eric-

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda GC190 6.0hp Mine.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1042178

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoPro Hero 3+ mine.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	1042179

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jobe Yellow Jacket 45 (Mine) 1.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	1042180
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  2. #2
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I'm going out sniping today so I should be bringing back a nice underwater video from the GoPro.
    Prospector70 and Goodyguy like this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  3. #3

    Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    833
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's some sweet deals right there, good luck!

  4. #4
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks, I am pretty happy for getting these deals.
    I usually don't buy anything that can directly benefit me or someone around me, and these tools are really going to help.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  5. #5
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Holy crap the Craigslist gods keep throwing me deals. I HAVE TO STOP!!! RUNNING LOW ON MONEY!!! LOL

    Ok, So a Bazooka Gold Trap Prospector popped up last night on Craigslist for $100obo, I write them and hear back this morning.
    We negotiate on the phone and I get it for $75 dollars!
    I am super happy, I have regretted selling my Bazooka Miner for a long time but this makes the pain go away.

    It is the 36" Prospector with standard size Grizzlies and standard thickness but I cant complain at just $75 dollars.

    Now I am heading out to find some gold.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bazooka Prospector 2.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	1042731

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bazooka Prospector 1.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1042732
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  6. #6
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,722
    10446 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    Holy crap the Craigslist gods keep throwing me deals. I HAVE TO STOP!!! RUNNING LOW ON MONEY!!! LOL Ok, So a Bazooka Gold Trap Prospector popped up last night on Craigslist for $100obo, I write them and hear back this morning. We negotiate on the phone and I get it for $75 dollars! I am super happy, I have regretted selling my Bazooka Miner for a long time but this makes the pain go away. It is the 36" Prospector with standard size Grizzlies and standard thickness but I cant complain at just $75 dollars. Now I am heading out to find some gold. <img src="http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042731"/> <img src="http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042732"/>
    Now THAT'S a great deal! Congrats on all your bargain hunting success!
    goldenmojo likes this.

  7. #7
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks, I took it out today and it worked like a charm.

    Prospector70 likes this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  8. #8
    us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    537
    958 times
    Good deals on both. I was at the Delta Gold Diggers Gold and Outdoor Festival this weekend and won a Jobe 45 in the raffle. I already have an A52. It will be interesting to see how the two compare.

  9. #9
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I ran the Jobe already, its easier to get more flow because of the wider flare.
    It has both standard stream riffles and Hungarian at the end.

    The only mod I would suggest is to replace the carpet with miners moss.
    Its about a $25 dollar mod but very much worth it.

    The clamps on the sides are already very tight so try to find thin miners moss.
    Thicker Moss requires relocating the clamps a little higher, but this is easy to do.

    Between the two of them in stock form though, there is not enough major differences to make one catch more gold than the other.
    The Keene is 6" longer than the Jobe and you will have to determine if you will really need the extra 6".
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  10. #10
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Ok, that's it, the last of my gold went to purchase ANOTHER Craigslist deal too good to pass up, and yup my 4g nugget was included in the trade.
    Really, the seller was helping me out more than anything.
    He is a really cool person to talk to, me and my friend plan on going out a few times with him to go prospecting.

    Ok, so I traded 8.5g of pickers plus my 4g nugget and .7g quartz gold nugget 1 merc dime, 1 silv dime, 1 silv frank and 1 barber half dollar for............

    A DREDGE AND GOLD BUG II DETECTOR!

    Holy crap I couldn't pass it up but now I am truly broke, I got nothing left to trade but I am super happy. lol

    The Dredge is kind of home setup, but well built.

    4" Dredge King Pump
    T80 Hookah, breathing regulator and 150' of hose (I NEEDED THIS BAD!!!!)
    Briggs 5hp motor on a plate, runs perfect
    Home made quad pontoon raft with small tool cart area
    Keene Dredge Sluice
    Footvalve
    Hoses and adapter for a 2.5" hose and Keene Nozzle, did not have the 4" tubing or nozzle but I am going to pick some up.
    2.5" Crushbox

    The only things I need for it to make it dredge worthy is a T80 diaphragm rebuild kit, T80 intake snorkel, inline filter, reserve tank, regulator harness and MAYBE a seal kit for the pump. I would really like to have a 4" setup now with a good jet and better punch plate but this will work just fine for now.

    Time for a trip to Oregon!

    I will get pics of everything up tomorrow.
    Goodyguy likes this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  11. #11
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    5,442
    4108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    Ok, that's it, the last of my gold went to purchase ANOTHER Craigslist deal too good to pass up, and yup my 4g nugget was included in the trade.
    Really, the seller was helping me out more than anything.
    He is a really cool person to talk to, me and my friend plan on going out a few times with him to go prospecting.

    Ok, so I traded 8.5g of pickers plus my 4g nugget and .7g quartz gold nugget 1 merc dime, 1 silv dime, 1 silv frank and 1 barber half dollar for............

    A DREDGE AND GOLD BUG II DETECTOR!

    Holy crap I couldn't pass it up but now I am truly broke, I got nothing left to trade but I am super happy. lol

    The Dredge is kind of home setup, but well built.

    4" Dredge King Pump
    T80 Hookah, breathing regulator and 150' of hose (I NEEDED THIS BAD!!!!)
    Briggs 5hp motor on a plate, runs perfect
    Home made quad pontoon raft with small tool cart area
    Keene Dredge Sluice
    Footvalve
    Hoses and adapter for a 2.5" hose and Keene Nozzle, did not have the 4" tubing or nozzle but I am going to pick some up.
    2.5" Crushbox

    The only things I need for it to make it dredge worthy is a T80 diaphragm rebuild kit, T80 intake snorkel, inline filter, reserve tank, regulator harness and MAYBE a seal kit for the pump. I would really like to have a 4" setup now with a good jet and better punch plate but this will work just fine for now.

    Time for a trip to Oregon!

    I will get pics of everything up tomorrow.
    Sounds like a great deal!

    If you run it as a 4" That 5hp even ran wide open will not be enough to keep the hose from clogging especially while also trying to run the hooka. You will have to baby the nozzle which will slow down production or else you'll spend a lot of time unclogging the hose which will also slow down production. First chance you get find at least a 6.5hp or better yet an 8hp

    GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2014 at 07:56 AM.

  12. #12
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have the 6hp Honda GC190, do you think that would be enough for the 4" setup?

    He only had a 2.5" hose and nozzle setup for it, so its necked down which should help as is.

    Of course I could just sell the Honda and the Briggs and buy a better engine.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  13. #13
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    5,442
    4108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    I have the 6hp Honda GC190, do you think that would be enough for the 4" setup?

    He only had a 2.5" hose and nozzle setup for it, so its necked down which should help as is.

    Of course I could just sell the Honda and the Briggs and buy a better engine.
    Keene uses a 6.5 hp on their 4" even with the t80 so your 6 hp Honda should be ok. You could always try it first before you decide but the 5hp Briggs is definitely a little too underpowered for a 4" I know because I was using a 5.5hp Briggs on my 4" keene dredge and it wasn't powerful enough even wide open with or without the T80 connected.

    I now use a 6.5hp predator (Honda clone) and it works much better.
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Aufisher and NeoTokyo like this.

  14. #14
    us
    Sniper

    Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1,803
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I was thinking about the predator before the Honda deal came up.
    For somewhere around $20 bux more you get a 2yr warranty, you cant beat that.

    How did you deal with the keyed shaft problem? Did you have Keene make the pump for you?

    I could always sell the Honda and Briggs for a nice chunk off the predator.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

    Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

  15. #15
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

    Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    5,442
    4108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    I was thinking about the predator before the Honda deal came up.
    For somewhere around $20 bux more you get a 2yr warranty, you cant beat that.

    How did you deal with the keyed shaft problem? Did you have Keene make the pump for you?

    I could always sell the Honda and Briggs for a nice chunk off the predator.
    My brother made an adapter for it I think.
    Not sure, I have to ask him.
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gold Hog conversion on Jobe 45 Yellow Jacket.
    By fausel71 in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2014, 11:08 PM
  2. Jobe Yellow Jacket and Adding Ribbed Matting
    By Popeye in forum Sluicing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 23, 2013, 08:42 PM
  3. Sealer for jobe power sluice header box
    By wingmaster in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 28, 2013, 11:16 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2013, 06:46 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2011, 12:55 PM

Search tags for this page

e z sluice
,
jobe 45 yellow jacket sluice box with grizzly
,
jobe sluice
,

jobe sluice forum

,
jobe yellow jacket 36
,
jobe yellow jacket sluice box
,
measurements for a king gold sluice box
,
sluice box
,
treasurenet jobe yellow jacket sluice
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0