Black Magic Miller Table

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I received my new Black Magic Miller Table from UPS. For those who read my other thread I initially purchased a USA Prospector table (a little less expensive) but I seemed to have a defective head unit as I could not get a uniform flow across the table even with the valve full open. The owner had great communication and did everything right refunding my complete purchase and shipping charges. I would purchase from him again. I next decided to get the Black Magic brand. This one is longer and was made of AL whereas the USA Prospector was made of plastic. I will say the USA Prospector model was well designed in that you receive a complete unit with plumbed buckets. The Black Magic requires a tub but we had some small kiddie pools that worked just fine.

I assembled the PVC tubes into the head unit, leveled the table on the side of the kiddie pool, placed the bottom portion in my gold pan, and filled the pool with water until it was deep enough for the included Tsunami 500 GPH pump. I then ran 1/4 cup of jet dry over the table to wash by hand. I adjusted the water flow to what I thought was right and started adding my super concentrate. I sluiced this past weekend and had not yet run my concentrates so I was really looking for to it.

I am totally impressed with this table! This was my first time ever using a table and it worked great for me. I'm sure I still have a bit to learn in terms of dialing in the best water flow and angles but I was immediately finding even the tiniest flakes of gold. It would have been very difficult to find some of the smallest flakes with a pan that I was snuffing off the table. I will never pan again after experiencing how well this worked. Even with my varying water levels (adjusting to experiment) the tiniest gold would stick to this table and with the natural magnification of the water running over it - it really stood out. I did see some of the larger pieces dance a bit more down the table (possibly because my flow was too high) but they still stood out and I was able to snuff up 14 flakes with the first run of the material. I am going to run the material again to see if I can find more. Here is a picture of my bounty thus far:

Pan.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my diy miller table. So easy to seperate your concentrates at the end of the day. Put in a spoonful or so and sit back with a drink of choice and watch the magic happen. Glad to hear about your positive purchase. Keep digging

OP
OP
M

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally had time to re-run the concentrates

I finally ran my concentrates for the second time and pulled out another 6 flakes of gold. I decreased the angle of the table a bit and feel like the water flow was good. The larger pieces will dance more than the tiny flakes, but they still jump out and will stick to the matting. All but one (out of 20 flakes of gold recovered) stuck right to the top of the table where I fed the concentrates.

I did not add an object for size comparison but my pan shows 3 larger flakes with 3 small flakes just in front of them. I included one close up picture of a piece of gold in the matting.

I look forward to next season!

Miller.JPG Miller_2.JPG Pan_2.JPG

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
do you just suck the gold up into a snuffer bottle while the table is running?

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A long table indeed-enough to run Much cons! Im glad its running well for you!
Congrats on the found flakes as well :)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
matt also just try slowing the water down and keeping the current angle of the sluice. I always like todo only 1 adjustment at a time to see what works best. But im sure you are happy with this device!

OP
OP
M

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did use a snuffer bottle to pick up the flakes. The pace at which the table peeled off the lighter material looked good to me. I look forward to running more cons next year!

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to admit that now that my panning skills are improving I can get through my cons in 1/3-1/4 of the time it takes to run it through my miller table. It may end up relegated to the corner of the garage.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to admit that now that my panning skills are improving I can get through my cons in 1/3-1/4 of the time it takes to run it through my miller table. It may end up relegated to the corner of the garage.
great to hear Chris! You might be able to sell that table to someone who physically can't pan such as GoldPannerDave down by you or maybe my neighbor friend Vern. Let me know if you want me to ask him a bout it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread