Colorado Slucing also Colorado Clubs?

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than make 2 post I will ask both questions here.

First I live I Lubbock Tx and plan to be in Colorado for a week starting Oct 6th. I have a Martin MS 46, And a Bazooka 30" Prospector. I plan to drive my wifes car rather than my truck so to save space I was thinking about leaving the MS46 at the house. In case I run into a area with low water flow what would you use. I understand the Bazooka is not slow water friendly.

Also I was thinking of ordering 2 more bazookas 1 36 Prospector and a 30 Sniper since my wife and son is going for the trip. That way they can have thier own setup.

I plan to go to the LDMA Claim for a day or 2 then move on to some GPAA Claims. I also considered joining a colorado based club seeing i plan to frequent colorado more often. Whats a good club to go with. Hoping once joined maybe I could get some locals to help put me on the right track in colorado.

Any suggestions on areas of Colorado that would be good to research for prospecting thats perhaps better than other areas. (Not asking for exact locations, however asking more general areas of the state....

So far my GPAA claims I have prospected were in New Mexico and was hit and miss. Mostly MISS..... So I think Colorado is my next quest to try to find some gold.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So for your first trip club claims are not your best bet.
I now live in golden colorado, and last summer did the same trip you are doing.
Heres what you do.
Drive right to denver, hit the south platte, then clear creek, both have gold in every shovel. After your buzz wears off in a day or two make your way to the Arkansas river, there is open areas in many spots. After that go to cache creek, park at the cemetery and dig 200 yds up the big dry gulch. There is very good gold in the gulch, its unworked for gold up to nugget size. You can do 1+ gram days if you work really hard. The stream is right at the base of the gulch for easy sluicing.
Good luck.
If you want to get on a dredge for a day shoot me a pm.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sent you a PM with suggestions. I would guess you are getting here this weekend, so good luck. Weather should be fine.

OP
OP
G

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am leaving on Monday to Albuquerque then Tues and weds in Silverton Thurs in Leadville Fri Sat Sun in Golden/Denver and Come back Monday

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hit Point Bar and Cache Creek on the way to Leadville. You know what to do around Golden :) To all: some of us will be at Steele St Open Space Park (Steele St just north of 78th St.starting around 10 or so on Sunday the 12th...join us!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tomorrow I will be heading out on the trip. My prospector Bazooka is loaded up and the 36" Sniper is at the UPS Facility i put a hold on it so I can swing by in way out to pick it up so I am excited to give both a work out.......Also have a electric hand dredge I plan to find a place to try out the LDMA allows dredges so I so be good to try it there. I think the electric dredge will keep my wife busy work crevices...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent Chris! You too right Rodney?!
Should also be a few members of a local club - Gold Prospectors of the Rockies :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread