Nice Shady Morning

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a spot that I used to hit regularly several years ago.Its a nice stretch of creek always in the shade. Hangtown Diggins my son and I went down for a few hours.I have never been skunked there and have had great days. Pretty sure Hangtown got more than me. My son poked around with his pan. Set out to catch a crawdad couldn't do it on purpose, then ended up with one in his classifier. His name is Larry he now cleans the bottom of our 55 gallon tank made it the first night so he'll be there a while. Funny,they like canned spam salad. They literally run for it when it hits the water. I've grown huge crawdads in my tanks feeding them spam salad, :laughing7: Trophy size!First mercury I've got in a long time. I dug material out of a backwards trap in the flood zone didn't get to finish the hole or properly clean the bottom. HEY MOJO !!!!!!!! Next time you go back to that spot I sent you to look for the two flipped over.... BIG.....:headbang:.... bedrock chunks downstream of the waterfall south side of creek. You'll see where I left off.:occasion14:

Attachments

• bazooka 009.JPG
    bazooka 009.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • bazooka 010.JPG
    bazooka 010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • bazooka 011.JPG
    bazooka 011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • bazooka 017.JPG
    bazooka 017.JPG
    549.2 KB · Views: 136

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to a spot that I used to hit regularly several years ago.Its a nice stretch of creek always in the shade. Hangtown Diggins my son and I went down for a few hours.I have never been skunked there and have had great days. Pretty sure Hangtown got more than me. My son poked around with his pan. Set out to catch a crawdad couldn't do it on purpose, then ended up with one in his classifier. His name is Larry he now cleans the bottom of our 55 gallon tank made it the first night so he'll be there a while. Funny,they like canned spam salad. They literally run for it when it hits the water. I've grown huge crawdads in my tanks feeding them spam salad, :laughing7: Trophy size!First mercury I've got in a long time. I dug material out of a backwards trap in the flood zone didn't get to finish the hole or properly clean the bottom. HEY MOJO !!!!!!!! Next time you go back to that spot I sent you to look for the two flipped over.... BIG.....:headbang:.... bedrock chunks downstream of the waterfall south side of creek. You'll see where I left off.:occasion14:

Nice gold GW!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm on it. Appreciate the spot. I will hit it again sometime in the next week. Had some real nice color from sampling. Nice Gold for you and Hangtown and the son wins it all with the big crawdad. Still have the axe.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW, I had a great morning on the creek with you and your son, was a few hours well spent. Thanks for taking extra time to pick me up and give a tour around my new "neighborhood" as you know the area and I haven't had time to look around since the move. Was awesome to see all the old time mining remains and the many other possible spots to work close to home, it's much appreciated:thumbsup: Nice work moving those big chunks of bedrock and good color you pulled outta that crack! I'm pretty satisfied with the color I turned up for the first time diggin in months and second time at this spot. I forgot my pick and broke my shovel in the first hour, ground water flooding the hole on bedrock was an issue and I also failed to bring my hand dredge. With that in mind I'm more than happy with the take. Good days to be had at that spot no doubt, thanks again GW!
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work gentlemen!!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice color you guys got.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to see you guys got out together and to see you back at it HangtownDiggins :)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More awesome Bazooka shots as always guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread