ok more ideas brewing? i know it might sound weird?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok more idea's brewing? i know it might sound weird?

alrighty then this popped in my head the other night when I was refilling the ice trays and got looking at them and got thinking with a piece of punch plate on top running 1/4" holes how this would work out in some form of a sluice anybody got any idea's on that might work out................ I wish I had a set up where I could test stuff like this............I know some of you guys are saying to yourself ok way to much time on your hands or really twacked LOL!

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think with a punch plate on top of it there would not be enough water running over the cube holes for the material to properly keep it mixed up enough for the gold to settle out.

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would basically become a drop riffle sluice, not sure how well it would work though.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make 'em. I'll try to find you the link

Here ya go. CalSluice.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They work well. My buddy has one and did a 2 week test between that and a Bazooka Prospector. He now uses the prospector.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They work well. My buddy has one and did a 2 week test between that and a Bazooka Prospector. He now uses the prospector.

Looks like it works well, but at $249 vs $215 for the Bazooka Prospector, I would also go with the Prospector. Of course, there may be other factors, like water flow, but I think they both require a fair amount of water.

I would not put down another product and I am not doing that. But as a Bazooka owner, I would stay with the fluid trap sluice.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cal sluice above is basically the same thing as an over/under sluice that improves fine gold recovery that many dredgers favor including me.
But even though it is a proven design for dredges I still prefer the Bazooka for stream use.

GG~

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had that idea also after watchiung this in action.
Even bought some trays but have to buy a piece of wood to try it first before I buy aluminum and make it better and more permanent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread