Gold settles to the bottom when panning,, right? It just seemed so pretty!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• P1020862.JPG
    P1020862.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I meant to put this under panning. Not sure how to make that happen.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's one of three things

1: fine gold

2: pyrite

3: Mica

test it to see if its pyrite by crushing some if it turns to power then its pyrite. If it floats like glitter and hard to keep it on the bottom it's mica. mica is a pita.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Dave its hard to tell from the picture but, I will say that I live in gold country and 100% for sure know several people that have ended up with gold in their toilet tanks that were on well water.!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep its hard to tell from this pic! try screening some of this material off and roll it around in your pan to see if it trails the other material in your pan! or get a clean glob of it and on the back of a ceramic tile rub this material into it to see if it has a gold streak or a black streak to it. a black streak is pyrite/mica.... I had a friend come back from Pikes Peek Colorado with some "gold" he found on the side of a road.....he got all excited about it and called me... I kinda laughed about it and told him id bring my pan and show/prove to him that it wasn't. he was let down!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. When I put it in a pan and swirled it around with water it kinda separated out to staying on top of the sand, bummer. It doesn't float, however.

I will tell him to try it on a a ceramic tile, as a last effort. Lol

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Appologies to red green :)

Hey, Dave its hard to tell from the picture but, I will say that I live in gold country and 100% for sure know several people that have ended up with gold in their toilet tanks that were on well water.!

I get mine from back flushing the water softener - that way I don't have to suck it from the bottom of the septic anymore.

Prime business opportunity. Gold and Silver septic sucking service, keep your stick on the ice!

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
It's in the booze.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

I recently had occasion to check out some of this goldschlauger at the store. The flakes were actually suspended before I touched the bottles on the shelf. Shaking them didn't help settle the flakes. Must be all the sugar that helps keep them from settling.

Anybody ever pan out a quart of this and weigh it?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is so thin and light that a decent sample won't even register on a typical scale. Best way to recover it is to dry it out and melt it with your regular wild gold on top of it. Mercury works great too of course but not really needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread